[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Factor40's Public Display
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Factor40's Public Display

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Factor40's Public Display

Postby factor40 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:54 am

I had a sprue modeled in but they added the extra vents on the handles when they made the mold.

There's a definite tradeoff here. After I sent the file to MaxMini, I ordered some prints from Visionproto. Those prints have arrived, been molded and I will be selling them this week. Meanwhile I just received notice of the rifles being done yesterday.

factor40
Habit

Postby factor40 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:56 pm

Here's the latest WIP...thought it might be worth an Aussie's opinion. Took my first whack at sculpting some facial hair. From the looks of this picture, I might need to grow it out a little more.

Thoughts?

factor40
Habit

Postby Deadmeat30 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:09 pm

They look excellent mate! Maybe do some different designs with the hats? like one with teeth around it. Just to mix it up a little. Also i think the facial hair needs more definition. It ll get lost when printed, But i think that range is starting off on a great start! Maybe do some accessories on a sprue to tie in the heads themes.

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby mangozac » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:51 pm

I echo Al's comments. Great stuff! Yes to making the facial hair a little more prominent. The suggestion to add some variety to the hats is a good one too. It doesn't have to be crocodile teeth (although I do approve of that) - one could have a small feather?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby factor40 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:56 am

New heads are done and !

factor40
Habit

Postby mangozac » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:21 am

They look great! It's a shame that the sprue had to join the helmeted heads on top as it's then a lot more effort to clean up. I understand you've done it to make casting easier but did you try casting the other way? The undercuts don't seem prohibitive if you're using vacuum...
mangozac

Postby factor40 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Yeah, the strap under the chin makes a severe undercut that just didn't work, believe me I tried it the normal way.

factor40
Habit

Postby Deadmeat30 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:08 pm

These look absolutely awesome! congrats mate!!! Like zac said, shame they have to had to be connected the helmets, but least its given you a full cast. I look forwards to seeing some more projects come from it!

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Seb » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:20 am

The upper set is going to go nuts for WH40K Steel Legion wannabe collectors. :)
Seb

Postby Fleafa » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:12 pm

Yeah, those helmeted heads are great. My nephew may be interested in some for his IG.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby lone dirty dog » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:53 pm

WOW just ordered 3 sets of each set and they look amazing, got some cool plans for these.

Great job cant wait to see what you come up with next, keep up the great work .
lone dirty dog
Casual

Postby factor40 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:10 am

Thanks for the kind words everyone :D

factor40
Habit

Postby factor40 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:52 am

I've been doing some more design work, thought I'd share it you guys...

What do you guys think?

-Steve

factor40
Habit

Postby mangozac » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:44 am

Seems that rifles are the new black :P

The rifles look good, and I particularly like the look of the stock. I have no idea how realistic it is, but it looks cool!

The jetpack I'm not so keen on. I don't know how much of the shape is WIP, but as is I think it's far too blocky looking. I would expect the rocket pods to be a bit bigger in comparison to the backpack too.

Glad to see you're continually working on new stuff!
mangozac

Postby Munkey Joe » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:45 am

Robot... I love the rifles. Really. They are pretty cool ESP the top one. I actually would be interested in those and would buy them when your production starts.

I actually kinda like your pack too...... but not as a jet pack. my opinion is not everyones so if it was on my table heres what I would do with it to make it more of what I would use:

[*]I would lop off the thrusters and use it as a regular pack. Its a fantastic looking bit and I could see it as an army wide pack for IG or Scouts. I WOULD SAY its too small like that to be used as a powerplant though.
[*]I would cut off the attachments and reglue the thrusters on the sides making them flush with the sides. I still think they would be a little small for marines BUT would be fantastic as grav chutes for IG.

If it were my part, and its not, BUT if it were I would produce it as 3 parts. A hardside backpack, and left and right thruster. this way you can sell them as a pack for regular troops and as an upgrade option for grav chutes. make them where they have a groove and channel on the attachments so #1 it adds some texture if not attaching the thrusters and #1 to allows a very easy attachment to the thrusters to allow perfect fit everytime.

If it were like that I would ALSO buy those. I think the attachments wonky and thats where the let down of the packs are.

I kinda like the torso also...
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Modelling