[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Factor40's Public Display
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Factor40's Public Display

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Factor40's Public Display

Postby factor40 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:00 am

The jump pack/grav chute is still WIP, but I get the impression that you guys may think it's for SM? Here's a pic of it connected to a torso to better show the scale and fit...

As far as I can tell, it matches up fairly well with the Elysian style grav chute.

I'm certainly open to suggestions on how to make it better, thanks for your input so far!

-Steve

factor40
Habit

Postby mangozac » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:21 am

I didn't necessarily think it was for a SM, but I did assume it was a jetpack. I guess it's appropriately sized for a grav-chute. I still feel that it's a bit boxy though.

What about some kind of fuel tank/cannister on the bottom and then hoses running up the middle of the pack?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby factor40 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:52 pm

It's worth trying, I do have to agree on the boxiness.

factor40
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:03 pm

DAMN... cant see pics on GOV computer... Oh well.

I like it for IG. I LIKE the boxy. This is where Zac and I have always seen different I notice. I DID think they were to be a universal bit for both marines and IG for some reason BUT I have no clue where I got the idea from. Im in LOVE with the packs as they are with the exception of the attachment. Here is some pics and description to make it more clear to me as i get confused easy....

cut the packs and the thrusters to make 3 parts
put a tounge and groove on the sides (I would put groove on the pack and tounge on the thruster)
make it a "mortise/tenon" type joint to attach ONLY in a position.

Pics:

this would give the sides more texture as the mortise part of the join is on the pack and it looks like detailing without the thrusters. On the thrusters it would have a little tenon to connect to the packs and make the thrusters attach to the side, but because of the join there is NEVER a way to mess up the join (EX glueing crooked or misaligned) This would make it more like these:
and less like this:

BUT this is just my opinion though. thats what I would like to have on my grav chutes and may not be real popular for the mass market to sell. If not could I get a copy of your prototype to do it myself?? LOL!! :mrgreen:
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby factor40 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:19 am

Munkey, reading your reply was like drinking a cup of coffee, lol!

I see what your aiming towards. These really are meant to be something that aids in the jump from an air transport, the examples you present are more for taking off into the sky from the ground. While there's nothing wrong with that, I think the last pic you posted was more in line with what I'm shooting for, in terms of it's functionality.

However, that doesn't mean your idea doesn't have merit. Let me mull it over and see where it goes.

factor40
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:01 am

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:04 am

mangozac

Postby factor40 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:54 am

Let me be clear about something, in general. Nobody here needs to worry about ruffling my feathers if they have a criticism. Even just saying "nah, I don't like it" would be ok, although I'd prefer something more constructive :lol:

If you think a design needs to be refined, tell me that. I will read all comments and consider them. I may make some changes based on them, I may not, but please...do not hesitate to be honest.

factor40
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:42 am

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby factor40 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:27 pm

THAT'S why I post things here...well done!

factor40
Habit

Postby mangozac » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:56 am

Yeah filled out like that definitely looks better. BUT it does make the pack look more like some kind of flight assistance rather than descent assistance. Which is fine if that's what you want to go for. I mean perhaps the troops are deployed by aircraft well clear of the drop zone and rather than just acting like a parachute, the pack provides a bit of thrust to be able to cover some decent lateral ground during the descent. Kind of like a wingsuit or something...

I still vote for a fuel tank though :P
mangozac

Postby factor40 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:40 am

You people...LOL!

I'll revisit the design this week and see what happens.

factor40
Habit

Postby lone dirty dog » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:57 pm

Firstly got my heads and they were great have so much potential, although price drop after I bought them :x

The Grav chute looks better without the blocking in IMHO, the reason I say this is when bulked out it looks more like a Marine pack.

Now there aint nothing wrong with that, but I feel a jump pack should be lighter and more adjustable in design so your first look is better for that application.

However I do feel a little more curves could soften the design slightly, this would make it look a little less boxy.

Overall nice work with a little tweak will look great I am sure, what head sets will you be releasing next :P
lone dirty dog
Casual

Postby factor40 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:28 am

Thought I'd update the thread with some new things slated for the end of November.

Boonie Hats

Colonial Defense Forces

Bald Heads

-Steve

factor40
Habit

Postby lone dirty dog » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:50 am

I love the look of the Colonial Defence force heads, the bald heads look full of Character and the Bonnie heads look a lot better now as well.

I hope these will all be in the heroic scale as before ? Cant wait to see some arms sets as well that you started.

I was wondering what is happing with the jump pack ?
lone dirty dog
Casual

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Modelling