[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Fleafa makes a walker
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Fleafa makes a walker

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Fleafa makes a walker

Postby Fleafa » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:57 pm

The previews will be up last Saturday of this month. Tournament is on the 24th of March.
I reckon I wait to see the GW effort, if it even sees release next month, then decide.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:19 am

I think that's a good plan. You can always complete the model over the rest of this months ready to have printed if you don't like the GW one...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Kennui » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:06 am

You never know.. There are always people who don't want GW product simply because everyone has it.

What's stopping you from adjusting the design slightly? Make it lower, give it even more legs, a few more eyes, bigger gun, more guns etc..

Just some adjustments in a CAD program.
Kennui
Casual

Postby Fleafa » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:21 am

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:06 am

mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:08 am

Edit: Didn't see Zac's post!

Really need to order tonight.
So far one person has said 100mm and one 120mm.
Smaller would be the cheapest to print :)
Also need to think about how size affects game rules eg. cover and line of sight.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 am

Now two votes for 100mm!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:27 am

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:51 am

Very cool!

Previously you had a pilot seated in the model - what size was that scaled for?
mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:44 am

The pilot wasn't necessarily scaled at all! ;)
Went with 110mm.

Print arrived today, scale seems OK:

Not the best choice of background :/

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:05 pm

mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:45 am

Barely any clean up. I just give it a good go with a toothbrush to remove any remaining support material.
See for details on the material.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Seb » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:17 am

If I had answered in time, I would have said 110 also.

Not to small to be regular in scale, but big enough to be clearly intimidating without becoming a walking battle tank wannabe.

Looks great.
Seb

Postby mangozac » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:57 am

Wow that is surprisingly nice results from Shapeways! Can I ask how much the print ran you?

I can't see the video though - it's set to private :(
mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Video should work now :)

The print was 97 Euros :/
I printed only unique parts and cast things I could duplicate.

Fleafa
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Modelling