[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Designing ships [possible BFG scale]
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Designing ships [possible BFG scale]

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Designing ships [possible BFG scale]

Postby Islacrusez » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:25 pm

I've got some white superfine, but I've avoided using it for BFG due to my low budget. The stuff's not cheap, so not exactly a cost-cutting option atm, at least until I get used to using it (through other projects) and don't waste it. Let me know how it handles at this scale!
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby Malika » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:43 pm

- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:55 am

Some people mentioned they didn't like the eagle head as a prow, here are two alternate designs. Just as a backup in case the eagle head won't work out at all...

Malika
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:53 am

You ended up squeezing another turret on the front part eh? Any work on a new turret design?
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Malika » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:37 am

Erm no, the turrets have been removed from the front, there's eight of them on the back. I still need to do the new design for them, but round shapes and SketchUp don't mix well, so I need to experiment a bit more with that before I can have something worthy to show off. :)
Malika
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:50 am

Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Malika » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:09 am

Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:04 am

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Islacrusez » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:24 am

Islacrusez
Habit

Postby Malika » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:07 am

In the meanwhile, I've taken updated the front, added some torpedo tubes there. The ones on the top of the ship have been removed and have been replaced for the turrets.

The design of the turret is growing on me, however...I'd still like to one day replace them for the more spherical ones...

Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:39 am

I think the boxy turret designs work well - they match the aesthetic of the hull.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Malika » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:59 am

I know what you mean! I might end up tweaking them slightly so that they can also aim up/down (depending whether the turret is on top of underneath the hull).
Malika
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby FearGFX » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:38 pm

FearGFX
Casual

Postby Malika » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:49 pm

Malika
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Modelling