[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Digital modeller needed.
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Digital modeller needed.

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Digital modeller needed.

Postby Blindhorizon » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:18 pm

I'm looking to get this image printable looking for a 3d modeller, if your interested shoot me a pm so we can discuss costs.

Thanks,
Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Re: Digital modeller needed.

Postby Malika » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:25 am

What format do you need the 3d model in? Also, what are the proportions? :)
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:42 am

I believe shapeways uses .stl files to print stuff. And 30mm long everything proportioned against that.
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:07 am

Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Malika » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:30 am

I might be, it's just that time isn't really my friend at the moment.

I could give it a shot though!
Malika
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:33 am

Sweet i look forward to seeing it.
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Islacrusez » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:45 am

I'm tempted to give it a go, but I don't think you'd get a shapeways usable file with the tools I have. Until I hear back from the printer I was hoping to use, I don't know if you'd get a useable file at all, so probs best to let the experts at it ;)
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:48 am

Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Malika » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:51 am

That's also the thing, I can give you a sketchup file. But then you'd need to convert it to a printable file. I haven't got that much experience with that, but I think it should be possible to convert a Sketchup file to something that be printed. I think Blender could do that?
Malika
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:06 am

I'm not sure, is there a way to save in sketchup as a .stl file? I know i've printed from that file type before.

Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Islacrusez » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:10 am

If you've printed through ninja magic, it's because he'll print from just about anything.
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:51 am

Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Islacrusez » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:42 am

I never noticed this question o.O

And yes, I've heard from him that he's moved, and thus is unable to take a look for the next two weeks or so.
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:55 am

Lol yeah, ive been known to do tge same thing. Have you looked at his space ship game hes working on? It looks interesting.
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Islacrusez » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:24 pm

I've looked at the ships and bits he's selling, and his description of travel in his universe. Interesting stuff.

Unfortunately, until he gets back, I won't know if I'm "doing it right" when modelling. I can always give it a go, though as ever I have plenty to do.
Islacrusez
Habit

Next

Return to Digital Modelling