[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Modelling bits for 3d printing
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Modelling bits for 3d printing

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Modelling bits for 3d printing

Postby Malika » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:08 pm

- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:01 pm

Something a bit more Necromunda oriented...

The Combine figure isn't done by me, but can be found .

So at the moment the vending machine is 31mm tall, and whilst I thought that to be a suitable size (since in real life these things are about 1.8 to 2 meters) the machine feels a bit small next to a 28mm (from bottom of feet to eyes) scaled figure. Thinking of increasing the size of the machine a bit.

To shed a little bit of light on them, I was imagining these machines to sort of be akin to treasure chests or mystery crates in video games, allowing units/characters to get extra power ups from them, be it 'health', ammo, power cells, etc.
Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:19 pm

Almost done...

Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:43 am

I assume it vends skulls? Or candles? Or skull candle holders? :P
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Malika » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:31 pm

It vends grenades, ammo and that sort of stuff. :)
Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:34 am

Got distracted by some buzz weapons...

Sort of meant as two handed power tools, but I imagined it mostly being converted into a single hand weapon, the back handle/trigger would be cut off, the weapon slung underneath the lowerarm, kinda like by Kari Hernesniemi from Spiky Rat Pack.
Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:30 am

Be afraid...be very afraid...

Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:44 pm

Interesting. Care to elaborate?
mangozac

Postby Malika » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:37 am

Terramorphs. More on that and .

Idea behind these is basically scrap/robot hounds that basically attack anything that comes near them. I would imagine them being part of a greater robotic/scrap ecosystem. So imagine all sorts of beasties and 'plants' in that style. :D
Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:36 am

Little by little I'm getting there:

Slowly started working on the body, it still needs a lot of work, even this little part of the body will have all sorts of details such as tubings/wires/etc running through it. Tried to do it yesterday, but everything went wrong, had a bad day I guess. I'll try to continue on this during the week.

I've been rather worried about undercuts, however...it makes me wonder how cavalry models and such are normally done. I mean, it seems Ed from Troll Forged Miniatures has cast his as a single piece model, so on theory this shouldn't be possible. I already posted a comment on Ed's Facebook regarding this, so hopefully he'll be able to give me some other insights on this.
Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:49 am

With the legs in that pose it will cast just fine. You basically zig-zag the mould split between them.
mangozac

Postby Malika » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:09 pm

Cool! Thanks. :)
Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:56 pm

Been a bit drained from the ships, as in that I need to get my mojo again. In the meantime I delved back into the 28mm scaled universe. First up the vending machine, which will be test printed in the coming days! :D

Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:02 am

The 28mm madness continues. Besides the vending machine I've been wanting to make some more post-apocalyptic scifi/fantasy terrain.

Barricades!
Malika
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:52 pm

I think you may have a winner here man, that looks really good. I think you need a dugout style one also for a heavy weapon emplacement. And maybe one that might be roofed too.

Very nice.

Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Modelling