[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Modelling bits for 3d printing
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Modelling bits for 3d printing

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Modelling bits for 3d printing

Postby Malika » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi!

In an attempt to make some extra cash so I can finance the development of I've started working on some stuff I might be able to sell through Shapeways. I have to thank this forum, and especially Blindhorizon for giving me the confidence to do this. I always assumed my work was kinda...well...substandard, but since several parties have expressed interest in my ships, I might be able to pull off other stuff as well.

I'm planning on making weapons, bits, etc. that players could use for their models. I started with a sort of chainblade.

Still very WIP, mode details will need to be added to it. The blade come separate from the weapon by the way.
Last edited by Malika on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Re: Weaponpacks

Postby Blindhorizon » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:02 am

I like it, you could even make bayonets that fit on weapons with a round chain head.
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Malika » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:41 am

Oh, that's a cool idea as well! Will look into that.

In the meantime, I've updated the chainweapon a bit:

Needs a few more details, such as an exhaust and some details on the front part and then it's good to go I think.

Next would be a few other close combat weapons/tools based on this 'hull'. The wheel removed and the round part on the front as well, and other stuff could be added, be it a drill, grabber, etc.

After these weapons will be shields and armour plates.
Malika
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:37 am

I think you should make a piece with just the chain head to be fit onto the stump of someones arm.
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Malika » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm definitely thinking of making those components as well. Do you have the diameter of a 28/32mm miniature's arm?

In the meantime I've been adding more details to the buzz saw:

Malika
Junkie

Postby FearGFX » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:55 pm

I like the general feel of the weapon but i fear that (when i think of using it in real life) it will jump up or down (depending on the spin direction) on impact with the target...
for example: by the way the "teeth" are placed i assume it will spin clockwise. That means that when you hit a hard object it might launch the weapon upward, into the face of the user...

and an other thing, while i really like the idea of the weapon, i dont know on what model you intend to use them... If you would make them compatible with for example, space marines from GW, it will be a easier to sell product...
FearGFX
Casual

Postby Islacrusez » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:14 am

It would make an arm attachment if it was designed to spin upwards (pushing itself downwards), mounted on an arm severed somewhere along the forearm, and a construction that would cover part of the arm up to the elbow and extend a bit further back with a motor roughly the size of a washing machine (ratio to human) mounted there as propulsion and counterbalance. Would give them a great right hook!
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby Malika » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:32 am

Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:48 am

@Fear: This better?

Malika
Junkie

Postby Islacrusez » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:52 am

Bah, I need to go back and edit that. I was thinking about the detail I can't afford to not include, and managed to forget it!

It should be a motor the size of a washing machine motor, not one the size of a washing machine! XD

It should make more sense and be simpler to model now.
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby Malika » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:58 am

I kinda figured that, but should that motor be mounted on the weapon itself, or on a separate backpack?
Malika
Junkie

Postby Islacrusez » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:11 am

On the weapon itself, but extending out behind the elbow...
S
A
[]=E===O

Shoulder, Arm, Elbow, [] Motor, O Blade
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby Malika » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:29 am

Oh, like that! I can do that. Making the human arm is something I would need other software for, meaning I'd have to learn Blender, which isn't a bad idea, but still... :P

I might be able to make just the weapon though, all you need to do then is chop up an arm. :mrgreen:

In the meantime I quickly put this together:

Malika
Junkie

Postby Islacrusez » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:24 am

Islacrusez
Habit

Postby Malika » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:37 pm

I got what you meant from the previous post. Forum formatting did mess it up though. I'll look into it after I'm finished with the first weapon and shoulderpad. If anybody is interested in printing/casting/selling, let me know, perhaps we can come to a deal. :)

In the meantime, I've updated the teeth...
Malika
Junkie

Next

Return to Digital Modelling