[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - wacom tablet + mudbox = awesome
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

wacom tablet + mudbox = awesome

Discussion of digital modelling techniques: 3D modelling and 3D printing.

Moderator: Wardens

wacom tablet + mudbox = awesome

Postby Deadmeat30 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:33 am

well, I've managed to get my hands on wacom intuos4 large and mudbox 2012, and I must say it's rather fun to use. The pressure sensitivity is just excellent. Im also writing this post-using it. Guess its time to get some tutorials for then now. Next stop, 3D printers.... well, almost.

Deadmeat30
Habit

Re: wacom tablet + mudbox = awesome

Postby Joey » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:01 pm

Wacoms are pure awesome. I threw away my mouse and replaced it with a large Intous and have not looked back. And I've got the near-magical Wacom Cintiq 21" pen monitor for digital drawing & sketching. Productivity raised by 300% -fun factor by 1000%.

May I suggest you invest in a Connectix SpacePilot? That one was a real eye-opener for me. It just makes moving around in 3D space so much more intuitive and fast. If you're using 3D professionally I'd say you'll earn back the retail price in a month just by increased productivity.
There's a bargain price ($18 when I write this) on one of the old ones (same as I've got) on eBay now if you're quick:
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 9864724024
Joey
Casual

Postby mangozac » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:44 pm

I've seen those Spacepilot interfaces before and they certainly look amazing for anyone doing a lot of 3D work. I haven't used my bamboo tablet since the fun factor wore off after I bought it a couple of months back though :(

Is the Mudbox software much different to Sculptris that ?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Deadmeat30 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:51 pm

Get it back out mate, so much fun. I just gotta start learning what I'm doing. That space pilot does look rather funky. Might see if I can get one on the cheap.

Mudbox is kind of like sculptris, but more like zbrush in the sense of depth of options. Much more simpler than zbrush too.

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Kennui » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:20 am

Kennui
Casual

Postby Joey » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:24 am

Joey
Casual

Postby mangozac » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:55 am

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Deadmeat30 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:28 am

on the intuos4 and above, you get a scroll dial, like on an ipod. you can like 4 different things to it. like zooming, brush size.. etc, no need for a mouse.

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Magnetic Duckling » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:24 am

Magnetic Duckling
User

Postby Joey » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:42 pm

3D modelling is what I do, but I can understand that it might be a bit more CAD oriented and not so much for 3D sculpting. I do know a good 10-20 people who are using it and neither of us have anything bad to say of it. But if mubox isn't supported then there's not much point for Deadmeat to get it.
Joey
Casual

Postby Fleafa » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:02 pm

I love my Intuos4 Large. Took me a while to get used to it after upgrading from my tiny Graphire2 but it is amazing. I don't use Mudbox much; more of a Zbrusher, but the Zbrush interface and workflow can sometimes drive me insane!

Fleafa
Junkie

Return to Digi-lab