[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Pressure paint pot bottom, how have you made it flat?
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Pressure paint pot bottom, how have you made it flat?

Tutorials and resources. Beginners start in here!

Moderator: Wardens

Pressure paint pot bottom, how have you made it flat?

Postby tiikki » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:36 pm

Hi,

I've heard about microwave steamers used to make multiple layers, but I couldn't find them in local stores.
I've heard casting material (concrete) in the bottom of the pot.

I bought a cutting disc for metal and used it as a flooring. It had just correct diameter for my 10 liter pot :)

Tuomo
tiikki
Casual

Re: Pressure paint pot bottom, how have you made it flat?

Postby mangozac » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:42 am

Good question! I originally had beach sand in the bottom of mine (which had a plastic disc sitting on top). I've since replaced the sand with concrete.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Fleafa » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:41 pm

I had a bunch of polyester resin lying around that wasn't going to be used, so used that. I like the idea of sand, as any spillages can be removed.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:57 pm

Yeah the concrete is unforgiving in that respect: spills stick to it really well. I want to get a disc of polyethylene cut to put in there as the resin won't stick to that ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby RageofAchilles » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:47 pm

I had a shallow plastic tub the same width as the pot that I turned upside down, instant flat bottom!

I suppose you could buy a plastic bucket and cut the bottom 2 or 3 inches off and use that?
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:42 am

I cut a round piece of foam core and sat it in the middle.
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:57 pm

My new pot has a flat bottom and came with a flat-bottomed bucket :)

Fleafa
Junkie

Return to Advisory