[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Sculpting Basics - Tutorial
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Sculpting Basics - Tutorial

Tutorials and resources. Beginners start in here!

Moderator: Wardens

Sculpting Basics - Tutorial

Postby CMDante » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:18 am

CMDante
Casual

Re: Sculpting Basics - Tutorial

Postby Warhound » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:12 am

Dante!

THIS is exactly what this site is all about- thankyou for setting a great precedent :-D

I always knew that you were methodical in your approach and this proves it. Some very interesting approaches to the work and some perfect execution!

Something about the inner thighs though, on the cadian, are not covered in the right thickness/drag/ direction of the cut of fabric. That said, I have found myself recently with a visual angle that just wont be corrected-it is a pain!

Great smooth work that I really dig!
EDIT: can you post an abridged version reply to Mango's tools thread in the resources?

cheers
WARHOUND
My work: http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa19 ... und_photo/
My winners: http://demonwinner.free.fr/peintre.php?id_peintre=274
Superglue runs through my veins- what have you ever done for society?
Warhound
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby CMDante » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:36 am

Yep, the cadian needs some more folds added on the inside of the right leg (left in the pic), the angle isnt great for seeing much of what is there either though.

Thinking about putting some paint to him this weekend so will keep you posted.

Glad you like the tutorial, pretty basic but it was done as a favour for a friend so doesn't get into too much detail.

I'm looking forward to finding the time to experiment with the fimo, it's been sitting on my work bench unopened for months now!

CMDante
Casual

Postby Warhound » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:39 am

ah!

My next project will be involving this mystery product also! (Plus SSF and MS!)

I look forward to matching our findings!

cheers

WARHOUND
My work: http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa19 ... und_photo/
My winners: http://demonwinner.free.fr/peintre.php?id_peintre=274
Superglue runs through my veins- what have you ever done for society?
Warhound

Postby CMDante » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:42 am

Cool!

Having seen what the French guys (Allan C, Jeremy B etc) have achieved with fimo I'm keen to try and emulate some of their successes!

I've also been experimenting with oil paints for smoothing transitions on figures etc so will post a mini review in the painting section after some more experimentation.

Cheers,

Dante

CMDante
Casual

Postby mangozac » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:46 am

Excellent stuff Dante!

With all the discussion of sculpting between Mark and myself lately this is going to come in very handy. In fact I'm off to buy some clay shapers this afternoon ;)

Also, I've moved the topic to the Resources forum.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Arkangel » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:32 am

Did this project ever get completed? The tutorial was excellent for beginers and those with experience alike. Id have like to have seen the finished mini :mrgreen:
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby mangozac » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:07 pm

Dante hasn't posted here in a long time, but he did document the painting process:
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Return to Advisory