[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish Paints.... things....
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish Paints.... things....

Discussion of painting

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish Paints.... things....

Postby Vaaish » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:41 pm

actually no pun intended. I'm not convinced it will end up as epic as you might think :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:15 am

Well after weeks without an update I'm finally able to present the lower half of the Titan now known as Praetorian. I'll be finishing up his knee armor this week before I set him aside for a while to work on some other things since I need a bit of a break from this intensity of painting.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:18 am

Holy crap!
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Munkey Joe » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:33 pm

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:42 pm

Me three on the "Holy Crap!". It really is stunning work. I especially love the wings on the outboard sides of the lower leg armour. Personally I find the scrollwork effect a little too busy for my tastes, but that does not at all detract from the fantastic work it is! Do you plan the same for the armour on the upper half?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:10 am

Thanks. :) I usually find scrollwork busy myself but it's something I've been wanting to try for a while now. I think I made it a bit too large, had I made it all even smaller it would be less busy feeling and more textural.

I do have plans for this kind of thing on the rest of the titan, it's really not that much since most of the carapace already has heavy detailing on it. I think that once I get some contrasting elements like the metallics for the weapons, the head, and knee armor in place it will fee a little less busy. I'm also hoping that I can squeeze in more of the gothic arches on the carapace armor and a split aquilla between the two shoulder armor guards to help lessen the busyness.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:34 am

I dont think it looks busy, i think it looks fantastic. this seems like how the god machines should be painted since they are so venerated by the mechanics. the only problem i have with this piece is that the chimera is blue also, seems like to much blue to me. its not even really a problem.. how does one find issue with such an amazingg looking piece.
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Vaaish » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:17 am

Lol, yes, the blue chimera.... It's blue to match the IG army my client plays against regularly. I think it will be less problematic once the yellows are there and the rest of the Titan. Not much I can do about it though. :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 am

Having a regular enemies vehicle busted up below a reaver is sort of getting in his head before the first shot <dice> is fired. With that in perspective ill let it slide ;). I can't wait for the yellow this pieces is truly going to be insane.
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Vaaish » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:47 pm

This is a relatively small update but it does mark the completion of everything below the waist of the titan. I'll be setting this project aside for a bit until I can finish up 7 Epic Crusader robots and my Battletech Wolf star. The next stage with Praetorian will be the torso and head. That will leave only the weapons and shoulders after a second break for my last Inner Sphere lance.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Very nice man, i think you should just finish this project though....
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby paulson games » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:15 am

Man that is looking sharp. I hate to say it but you're getting even better, and that makes me look even worse. I hate you :P ;)
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:33 am

Thanks, still not so good with the weathering on larger things though. Need to practice that more.

Horizon, not this time, it's been two months of painting this, I need a change of pace so I don't burn out onthe model. Ive also got a shelf full of stuff that needs painting and getting more of that dine will make me feel like I'm making progress. :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Munkey Joe » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:45 am

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby MrsBarn » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:29 pm

I recently joined the 'tactical command' forums and thought 'hey i know that name' lol

~Barn
MrsBarn
Casual

PreviousNext

Return to Painting