[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Mecha Front - Live on Kickstarter!
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Mecha Front - Live on Kickstarter!

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Mecha Front - Live on Kickstarter!

Postby paulson games » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:56 am

I'd like to introduce you guys to Mecha Front © which will be a tactical miniatures game centered around mecha combat. It will be a fast paced skirmish type game for two or more players. It takes all the things you love about western style mecha and boils it down to their raw essence. No singing ladies, no culture shocked giant aliens, no psy powered high school kids. This game is for gear heads who love raw gritty robot combat, smoking autocannon shells and the crack of deadly partical cannons.

The miniatures are shaping up to blow away all of my previous work. Renders will be posted soon and I'll be launching a Kickstarter to get things rolling. (details to come)

Enough of my blabber, onto the pics!

Neo-Bloc Mecha

NorAm Mecha

Last edited by paulson games on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Mecha Front

Postby Commissar-Krad » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:35 am

Looking cool, brings me back to my days of playing chromehounds on Xbox live. Especially the modular looking weapons.
Commissar-Krad
User

Postby Munkey Joe » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:05 am

DAMMIT!!! I get it from Zac and now I have to watch Jon Too!!! LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Those are dead sexy. I like all of them but the 4 legged thing at the bottom. This COULD possibly hook me into some of the mecha world.....Like I need another Game to buy...
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:00 am

Very nice stuff, I'll be looking forward to seeing how the models turn out. :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Deadmeat30 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:25 am

Oh wow, looks awesome! You'll have my backing on kickstarter! what scale are you planning for them?

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby paulson games » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:59 pm

These are going to be N-Scale models (infantry is 15mm) so the mechas are going to be in the 60-70mm range and be used on 60mm bases.

Chromehounds and armored core were definately strong influences on the deisgns.
paulson games

Postby Commissar-Krad » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:04 pm

I miss playing Chromehounds online... :(
Commissar-Krad
User

Postby mangozac » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Wow Jon this looks fantastic! Really loving the style and am very excited for you! Are those your own concept art or are you working with someone? Can't wait to see some renders!

I only have one negative comment: the name "Mecha Front" doesn't really do anything for me. It doesn't really inspire images of combat like you describe...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:24 pm

I'm working with an artist, livestream has been an incredible tool as we're able to chat and work in real time. We're able to bounce idas back and forth and work off of each other feedback, the process have been really cool.

The name is a bit generic but I think it fits the setting ok, plus I couldn't come up with anything super catchy. :P

We've been joking that the setting is like Red Dawn with Mecha.

Make sure to check the subforum.
paulson games

Postby Fleafa » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:10 am

Looking good!
I'm also not fan of the name :(

Chromehounds was great... until you used your mech. The mech-building was fantastic, and the campaign map was a great idea, but the game was horribly clunky.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mel_danes » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:15 am

Excited :ugeek:

Jon this looks awesome. To hell with waiting for someone else to get it right, with the new production tools the fans have at thier disposal, you can do it better on your own. Give em' he'll man.
mel_danes
Casual

Postby paulson games » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:48 am

More mecha :)

Side by side pic of how they will next to 28mm figures

paulson games

Postby Vaaish » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:03 pm

Wow those are pretty hefty coming in on the 15mm end. Far larger than I expected.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:21 pm

I love these designs. How are you sculpting the models? Digitally, I can imagine the prints costing a hell of a lot, even with duplicated components.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:16 am

Digital sculpts and 3d prints, going to be an expensive little project to say the least which is why I'll be using a kickstarter.

The medium weight NorAm mech wasn't sitting quite right so we sent it back to the mech bay for modifications to bring it a bit more inline with the feel of the light & heavy. It wasn't bad but something seemed a bit off and the design didn't come off quite as strong as the others. The new changes are subtle but I think they improve the look.

paulson games

Next

Return to Digital Modelling