[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish's Epic Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish's Epic Stuff

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Vaaish's Epic Stuff

Postby Vaaish » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:59 am

Since I'll be doing up a good chunk of epic in the coming months (for comparison, I have 6 40k models on the list of stuff to be painted) with my epic necrons and eldar on top of the commission for an epic marine army that's slowly being painted, I've decided to go ahead and make a single thread for it all.

First up is some of the commission work for razorbacks and vindicators. This just leaves another 12 vindi's, 8 preds, 8 whirlwinds, two tactical detachments, two bike detachments, and 16 land raiders on top of the FW IA air units and two spacecraft.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Re: Vaaish's Epic Stuff

Postby mangozac » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:46 am

So tiny, yet so much detail. You do such a fantastic job painting your Epic minis Vaaish it almost makes me want to go out and buy some :P
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Warhound » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:31 pm

YEARN!!!!!!

As some of you may know, my first GD was Epic Diorama, and Adeptus Titanicus was my intro to GW, so this is very close to my heart! :D

(I actually sourced a great pot of models recently, that I may get into next year!)

Great work Vaaish- O will follow this with interest!

WARHOUND
My work: http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa19 ... und_photo/
My winners: http://demonwinner.free.fr/peintre.php?id_peintre=274
Superglue runs through my veins- what have you ever done for society?
Warhound

Postby Vaaish » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:40 am

Thanks, I do find the epic stuff quite a bit of fun to paint. It's somewhat unfortunate that it seems the vindicator moulds are starting to get blow out. I had to cut chunks out from behind the backside of the ploughs and from under the barrel on all of them. Thankfully it wasn't too difficult. If you are interested in epic, I've go a slew of it in my painting folder on my site here: http://www.digitalequinox.com/wip/epic/

Zac, Epic is a much better game than 40k will be until heavy weapons are reduced in range and troops can actually move somewhere. If you can find someone, give it a try.

Warhound: what all models did you manage to acquire?
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:17 am

Yeah maybe one day ;)

Quick question: how careful do you have to be with your paint thickness? It would seem that one coat too many would quickly begin to obscure details?
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:46 am

I'm no more careful than when I paint 28mm. Usually 6mm stuff exaggerates detail enough that it don't cause a problem. The only time this doesn't hold true is with the infantry which can get screwed up pretty badly if your primer goes south,
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:39 pm

These look great getting that type of detail on such small minis is impressive.
paulson games

Postby Seb » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:18 am

With yellow and black being close to my heart.. these are gorgeous, but so well detailed. Great pieces!

- Seb
Seb

Postby Vaaish » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:05 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Oddly I find epic quite a bit more fun in many ways than 40k although 40k has epic mostly beat when it comes to converting :)

And the next batch is done:
This finishes out the whirlwinds and hunters leaving me a measly 20 rhino chassis based vehicles to go :) I'll be taking a break through the holidays to work on painting up the 40k dreadnought I converted before hitting 4 preds and 4 more vindis.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby CMDante » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:42 am

Wonderful quality epis stuff, so easy to overlook the skill and technique that has gone into them due to the small scale but anyone who has painted anything this small will know the skill it takes.

Bravo!

CMDante
Casual

Postby Vaaish » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:57 am

Thanks, some of them are more interesting than other to paint, like these bikes were some of the more annoying ones. Of course I just hate marine bikes but the casting on these didn't help at all but, back to epic with some perfectly wretched photos. I attempted a new method of lighting and editing and I think it failed rather miserably. The bikes themselves I think turned out alright though one closer observation these seem to be the most detailed yet poorly cast models I've worked with especially where it counted on the exhausts and bolter barrels on the front. Next up, predators and the last gun arm for my 40k dread. Cal if you want me to take some better shots, I'll give it a go.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:00 am

I assume that being so small they take much less time to paint compared to the 40k scale models? Regardless, painting that number to such a great standard is no mean feat and they are indeed very impressive. One of the coolest things about Epic is the way that such massive armies can be fielded - it must be awesome to see what represents an entire battlegroup on the tabletop!

You'll have to post a shot of the entire army once you get the predators done.
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:56 pm

Thanks, it takes a bout a week per 8 tanks or a week for all of those bikes. Individually they take less time, but they are in such large quantities that it take a good deal of time to get all of them done. Unfortunately, I won't be able to actually take a full army shot of these guys since they are for a commission so I've been sending them back (ironically enough, to a guy in Australia) as I finish a batch.

All in all it's a rather massive army I've been working through. Off the top of my head it's something like this:

8 predators
8 Razorback
16 Rhinos
8 whirlwinds
8 hunters
16 vindicators
6 dreadnoughts
8 drop pods
16 land raiders
5 thunderhawks
3 landing craft
10 land speeders
8 stands of terminators
8 stands of scouts
2 full battle companies (60 tactical marines, 20 devastators, 20 assault each)
2 detachments of bikes (30 bikes, 3 assault bikes)
1 strike cruiser
1 battle barge

I still have a ways to go.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:20 pm

Wow! Out of interest what is a commission job like that worth?
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:29 pm

quite a bit of money. When finished probably in the neighborhood of 1.5-2k USD.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Next

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)