[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Judge Minty - Judge Dredd fan film
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Judge Minty - Judge Dredd fan film

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Judge Minty - Judge Dredd fan film

Postby paulson games » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:59 pm

I was looking around for some Judge Dredd concept art and stumbled on a pretty cool blog for a fan film that certainly doesn't suck.

You Tube Teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2JhQXCj ... e=youtu.be

Blog is here:

http://judgeminty.blogspot.com/
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Judge Minty - Judge Dredd fan film

Postby chromedog » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:03 pm

Loved this short film.

Felt more dredd-like than the last movie (Karl Urban one) and I prefer Minty over it.
I also like the Stallone Dredd film (but purely for the design - the acting was woeful) but put minty above that.
chromedog
Casual

Postby mangozac » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:09 pm

I personally quite liked the Karl Urban Dredd and think it was a really underrated movie. The scene where they destroy one level of the building with the trio of gattling cannons was so fun!

Check it out here is the entire Judge Minty film: (I'll have to watch it later when I have some time).
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:32 am

I actually really enjoyed the Karl Urban film. 3D gives me headaches (except in 48fps) and I was irritated when I found it was only released in 3D. Luckily, I managed to find it showing in 2D at a cinema only 15 mins drive away which doesn't have a 3D projector. £2.50 per ticket? Yes please!
The one thing I found dampened the experience for me was that the premise was essentially that of The Raid, subtitled 'Redemption' in the US, which is a fantastic martial arts film.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:45 am

I saw it on DVD, so I didn't know that it was 3D only. I dislike 3D - it doesn't have any negative physical effect on me, I just find it annoying and gimmicky. I don't like the forced perspective.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Commissar-Krad » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:59 pm

I enjoyed the recent release as well. It was Judge Dredd running around and kicking some ass! What is not to like? The 3d in theatre was actually one of the better 3d movies of those I have seen. You actually noticed it whereas most it seems you can't even tell and you waste the extra money on those stupid glasses.
Commissar-Krad
User

Postby Fleafa » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:27 am

I watched Judge Minty last night and really enjoyed it.

My local big cinema (Cineworld) allows you to bring your own 3D glasses or buy a pair from them. Vue, however, include a pair in the considerable price each time so I have friends with over 10 pairs of 3D glasses. And no money.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Commissar-Krad » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:00 am

I also watched Judge Minty last night. Pretty nice short. Glad I didn't miss this thread.
Commissar-Krad
User

Return to The Waiting Room