[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Warmaster castle in 3D
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Warmaster castle in 3D

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Warmaster castle in 3D

Postby leaxe » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:38 pm

Phase 1 is 3d.
Phase 2 will be 3d printing.
Phase 3 will be resin casting

NOT my work.

One guy knows how to do 3d
One guy knows how to cast resin
One guy writes about it. Me.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm31 ... 8655_o.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm31 ... 4388_o.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm31 ... 8768_o.jpg

I will need to resize the pics to fit the narrow column, so I put links for most of them...
leaxe
Casual

Re: Warmaster castle in 3D

Postby mangozac » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:31 am

Hi Leaxe, thanks for sharing!

I'm sorry about the images not fitting - an automatic image resizer is next on my list of things to sort out ;)

The castle is looking great - very nice level of detail! Who are your project partners? How tall are the walls? Some of the detail like the stairs looks like it might be too fine to easily reproduce. Are you planning to sell them?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Munkey Joe » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Like 15MM Warmaster??? Holy cow!!! Thats nice!!
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby leaxe » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:42 pm

If the test go well, we will also sell them.

I will receive pictures which show dimensions soon.

Until then:
- The base of the tower is 46x46mm (the inner size of the tower top is the same size)
- outside dimensions of the tower top: 51x51mm (9mm high rampart)
- The top of the tower reaches 80mm
- wall is 172mm long
- depth 49 mm
- height 40mm + 9mm rampart
- half towers 60mm + 9 mm rampart = 69mm
- 3 bases fit on the wall, 2 on the tower and half in the half tower (one if two are joined)

I will have more pictures soon (gate etc.).

The extras (stairs) are in plan, we have to see if they are too fine or need to be done somehow more solid (stone stairs etc.)

The walls will have texture too.
leaxe
Casual

Postby mangozac » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:34 am

Ahh it's larger than I thought. Look forward to seeing how this goes!
mangozac

Postby leaxe » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:13 pm

leaxe
Casual

Postby leaxe » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:34 pm

Gate. First version.

leaxe
Casual

Postby leaxe » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:16 am

We did a quick test with the printer company.

They will not be availble for a while so we had to do something small and fast for a test run.

And behold: The village well WIP

Some changes are needed but what we wanted to see we could see.

leaxe
Casual

Postby mangozac » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:00 am

Wow that looks fantastic!

If your printer is too busy you might want to consider our friend Alan at in the UK. He has a wax printer which produces beautiful results. He's on holiday until early August but I'm pretty sure he'd be able to fit you in very soon...
mangozac

Postby leaxe » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:32 pm

Thanks for the tip!!

Meanwhile on a distant LCD screen...

8)

Stone texture in progress...

leaxe
Casual

Postby leaxe » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:16 pm

In the meantime I created a facebook page too.

http://www.facebook.com/EDG.Studio
leaxe
Casual

Postby leaxe » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:01 pm

New pictures added to our Facebook page.

Test printing done! :mrgreen:
leaxe
Casual

Postby mangozac » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:42 am

Looks great! Next time you take pics can you put a ruler in the shot so we can get a better idea of scale?
mangozac

Postby Deadmeat30 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:41 am

Warmaster is 10mm models, so those parts are small, but not tiny ;)

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby leaxe » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:50 pm

I will make sure to get pictures with a ruler too. The well size can be seen on one of the pictures where the photo is next to a WM figure.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 1225_n.jpg
leaxe
Casual

Next

Return to Digital Modelling