[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - BFG, Pre-heresy marine heavy frigate wip
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

BFG, Pre-heresy marine heavy frigate wip

Discussion of sculpting and scratchbuilding

Moderator: Wardens

Re: BFG, Pre-heresy marine heavy frigate wip

Postby Commissar-Krad » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:52 am

Yes, nonperpendicular, that's the word.
Commissar-Krad
User

Postby Blindhorizon » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:42 am

I'm going to be removing those lines and adding a tower over half that center piece that comes down on the flights. I'll be leaving the back turret, and putting the command bridge over it on the tower. Going to add some gothic style windows on the side of the tower.

Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Okay long delayed update, i ripped apart the rear of the ship and redid the whole thing. C&C is welcome, i also have flat spots over the arched windows on either side, i was thinking that space could go for unit emblems on them so was thinking about leaving them blank. Any ideas?

Thanks for looking, sorry for the hazy pictures.
Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Gah the pictures got cut off ><, heres a link to another website i posted them on that aren't cut off.

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/ ... 26&t=25286

Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby mangozac » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:46 pm

Yeah sorry about the pictures. I had to reinstall the forum recently and haven't found a good image resizer plugin to use. I'll get on to it when I have a chance ;)

The detailing is coming along very nicely! I particularly love the arches and dorsal banding behind the bridge. You're capturing a pre-heresy feel really well! Keep it up!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Blindhorizon » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:39 pm

Okay so i have hit a creative block and i need some help on what to do next for this build. I added structure down the front of the prow for ramming, but thats about all i can think of to do. Well not true i have thought of maybe putting some wings on the top front with a skull or an aquila. I did want to kind of make this miniature generic to avoid grandma wendy issues. So i'm coming here to you guys for help on what i can do just a couple small things i'm thinking, or just cast as is and make conversion prows like a big ass cannon prow and torp tubes prow also.

Thanks for your help!
Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby mangozac » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:48 pm

Well one idea is that you could scribe some details into the prow, but since there are areas of both styrene and Milliput it will be hard to get consistency of scribe depth so I would recommend against it. Your other option is banding - I would suggest doing that on at least the bottom half anyway.

Perhaps choose some other icons to sculpt onto the top of the prow? A lion perhaps (one on each side)? Or even a shield?

"Grandma Wendy" made me laugh :P
mangozac

Postby Blindhorizon » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby mangozac » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:03 am

mangozac

Postby Blindhorizon » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:38 pm

Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby mangozac » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:36 pm

I use the Milliput with the white/red packaging (Milliput Standard). I do have some of the white/black packaging (Milliput Super Fine) because I know that's what Zluca from Kallamity.com uses, but I haven't tried it yet. It's supposed to be a little stronger and less crumbly than the standard stuff, but to me that just means more work when you need to file/sand/carve it.

Are you going to try casting this thing or what? It's a shame to put in all that effort and not be able to duplicate it!
mangozac

Postby Blindhorizon » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:17 am

Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:39 pm

Update!

Added weapon supports to the top and bottom of bombardment batteries.

Here are the new aircraft hangar bays i redesigned as the last ones where to clunky and i got a lot of feedback on them not being a fit for the ship. C&C very welcome on this, the item has not detail yet it's the shape I would like C&C on.

Small batteries added to the flat open spaces on the hull to give this beast a few more teeth to bite with.

Extra pic.

C&C welcome people this ship is almost completed.

And what am i working on here? Any guesses?

Thanks,
Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:14 pm

Got another quick update, just finished the prototype lance battery.

And this is the artwork i did that i am working off of. The rear of the ship isn't completely but i would like to have a catholic style church as the rear section that is missing.

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome.
Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby mangozac » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:33 am

This reminds me of my early scratchbuilding - your skill is improving so quickly and I love your later work here! The lance battery is looking beautiful!

The added turrets are good, but I think the barrels on them need to be a lot smaller diameter. The new launch bay shape seems good too.

Keep up the great work!
mangozac

PreviousNext

Return to Sculpting and Scratchbuilding