[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Digital modeller needed.
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Digital modeller needed.

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Digital modeller needed.

Postby Deadmeat30 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:54 am

Blind, why not use something like Blender to make the models? these can be made into stl files nice and easily. If you can make any model a .obj file, its simple to convert... and if printing is what you need, i have the same printer as ninja magic ;).

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby factor40 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:31 am

Netfabb is a good, free program that can do some limited mesh fixes and convert all kinds of files for printing. I don't think it recognizes sketchup file however.

factor40
Habit

Postby Islacrusez » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:03 am

SketchUp will export to a number of formats, including .3ds and .dwg, though I don't know if those are useful at all. Don't know the others off the top of my head either. So if you can export it through the various formats until you hit the one you need, you can probably manage. Only problem might be artefacts caused by the repeated exports.
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:11 am

Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Deadmeat30 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:19 am

i just go from wax to resin im afraid. :(

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:19 am

Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Deadmeat30 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:20 pm

The wax or the resin?

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Islacrusez » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:02 pm

The wax, I'd imagine!

Also, is that Toothless?
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:05 am

Yeah the wax, you make resin masters for your customers?
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Deadmeat30 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:49 am

Certainly can do :D

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:30 pm

The finish on the wax is second to none and the supporting structure leaves no damage on the printed part. The wax is solid enough but still requires careful handling. A careless nail can lead to tears but I have had wax prints survive the moulding process more often than not.
I highly recommend Black Dragon :) Actually Alan, I will have some work for you soon :)

I am available as a 3D Modeller/Sculptor. PM me if you are still looking for someone.
I have worked for Anvil Industry, Mad Robot, Spartan Games and a couple of others I have to keep quiet about ;)

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Deadmeat30 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:04 am

Thanks for the kind words Ben, fire it over whenever your ready ;)

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Blindhorizon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby mangozac » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:40 pm

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator