[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Mold plates.
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Mold plates.

Tutorials and resources. Beginners start in here!

Moderator: Wardens

Mold plates.

Postby Blindhorizon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:24 am

I was talking to mango a couple weeks back about mold plates and decided to post some up that i created. The idea of mold plates i got from Paulson Games, he had discussed them in one of his posts so it got me curious.

This is my master mold made from my master part. I want to be able to do consistency in my casts and once this wears out i'll have to create a new mold.

This is my master mold with my mold plates. The mold plates basically take a negative of the mold so i can recreate my mold exactly.

The bottom mold is my mold i made from the mold plates, with a 2% shrinkage this is pretty much spot on in size when compared against each other.

Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Re: Mold plates.

Postby mangozac » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:19 am

That's great! Thanks for sharing, Blind!

We'll have to get you making constructing nice, box shaped sprues from styrene next ;)
(I'm just being OCD)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Blindhorizon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:17 am

Now im curious what you mean.
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby mangozac » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:16 am

Rather than your sprue/reservoir being a blob of clay cut out some styrene and glue it together in a nice tapered box shape (so it's thinner at the edge that joins the parts).
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Blindhorizon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:11 am

Oh haha i have those, the playdoh is just easier LOL
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:41 am

...or re-use Forgeworld sprues :)

Fleafa