[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Mecha Front NorAm Lynx.
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Mecha Front NorAm Lynx.

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Mecha Front NorAm Lynx.

Postby Vaaish » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:45 am

Just a quick post today to show off one of the Mecha Front NorAm models Paulson asked me to paint up for him. This is one of the micro armor versions, not the larger 15mm version. Hope you like it!

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Re: Mecha Front NorAm Lynx.

Postby Blindhorizon » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:33 pm

Dude thats freaking sweet.. The detail that really made my jaw drop was the discoloring of the end of the muzzles on the weapons as they heat up. Very nice touch!
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Seb » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:56 pm

Nice work man; a fan of the muzzles - took an age to do something similar with inks for my 15mm walker project too.

What's your trick if I may ask?
Seb
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Malika » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:52 pm

Wow, looking good!
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby RageofAchilles » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:54 pm

impressive! very clean.
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Vaaish » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:01 am

Thanks!

Seb, not really much trick to to them. just undercoated the barrel with boltgun and did several washes of purple before moving on to enchanted blue washes. For the barrels I just made sure that each progressive wash didn't fully cover the last and I didn't go back in and highlight the metals where I wanted head discoloration. The last step was to use solid black on the very tips followed by a touch of mithril to make sure the ends of the barrels were defined.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:54 am

That came out awesome. :)

There's a lot of nice touches in the paint job, I wish I could paint with a fraction of that skill.
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:57 am

Cool, glad you like it. The photos are a tad brighter than the actual paint job but it's close enough :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby aussiekirgan » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:14 pm

Well done Vaaish, I was complimenting Jon on his choice of artist today!
While filling out my kickstarter survey, I have lots of 6mm and 15mm mecha coming later this year, very excited!
aussiekirgan
User

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)