[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - BFG - ideas from internet
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

BFG - ideas from internet

Discussion of modelling

Moderator: Wardens

Re: BFG - ideas from internet

Postby horizon » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:12 pm

Even more expensive? Ouch.

But yeah, a high resolution first kit and then cast thyselves seems the way to go with them then.
The Zeus cruiser hull was done that way, right?

On the "Legion" models:
Perhaps they need a better print (the middle part + bridge especially), but the back fin seems... awkward in a way to me. Could be me though. And with the pretty rectangular side panels the ships look rather blocky.

And for moving away from the GW look: the round symbol should be removed from the front panels and the bridge would need a redesign imo.
Wouldn't it als be cool if the panels were more like the ones you did for the conversion kit?
horizon
User

Postby Malika » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:00 am

The details on the ship and the panels have something very...I dunno, almost 80s scifi (the cool kinda stuff) to it, must be the blue colour as well.

By the way, in the meantime there's a Strike Cruiser as well:
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby Commissar-Krad » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:27 am

Yeah, they sorta look like something out of a comic book. Those are really cool.
Commissar-Krad
User

Postby harkovast » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:56 am

I like the quad guns on the big one.
Is there a battle barge size one in that style?
I'd want the whole fleet to have the same style if I was going to get those.
harkovast
User

Postby Malika » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:02 pm

Malika
Junkie

Postby horizon » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:21 pm

horizon
User

Postby Malika » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:00 am

Some Spartan Games stuff:

And how it's done! :)

Pix is back!
Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:25 pm

Warmaster Nice over at the Tactical Command forum has been working on a new project...

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/ ... &start=915

Maybe he should have a chat with Mangozac and Vaaish...
Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:00 am

Interesting. For some reason it really reminds me of ships from Stargate SG1. There are a lot of large, flat spaces so I'm keen to see if he has any further plans for them...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Malika » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:21 am

Malika
Junkie

Postby RageofAchilles » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:00 am

The last ship there is from firestorm armada if I'm not mistaken. I didn't used to like their designs but the new ranges are pretty cool.
You can tell they are 3d modelled though, as there is a tendency to over repeat details. Just something that bugs me a little. Nice shape though.
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby mangozac » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:40 am

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Malika » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:40 am

Malika
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Modelling