[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish's Epic Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish's Epic Stuff

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish's Epic Stuff

Postby TomG » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:39 am

Aha I see another lodge member. Damn.
Only the Best Can Survive.
TomG
User

Postby mangozac » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:59 pm

I feel so cool because I know where they came from (for the record, nothing to do with me) :P
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby TomG » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:19 pm

Yeah again lodge member. This will be only one reason to have THH army. Big enought for play and not to expensive as WH40k scale.
Only the Best Can Survive.
TomG
User

Postby Malika » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:51 pm

And how does one become a Lodge member?

I...can't...say...
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:28 am

Finished up a set of Whirlwinds and Pred Annihilators for my IF force today. I'm pretty happy with how these turned out but I'm glad they are done and I can move on to other stuff. I might actually finish my ground Marines by the end of the year if I can get the last 8 vehicles done. :)

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:08 am

Fantastic as always!

I notice that the corner on the black panels has quite an extremely light highlight on it. It works really well, but I'm curious if you make it that extreme solely due to the scale? If you painted the same model in 28mm scale would you have used just as light a highlight on the black?
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:57 am

Not really sure TBH. Back when I did my last rhinos I didn't really use a solid white highlight on there. Probably more of a gray if you translated that over to these models. Now I'd probably do the white edge but not across the entire panel Just towards the middle. I'd also blend up a dark gray towards the top that i don't really do on the epic models because it doesn't really help much.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:41 am

Finished up a pair of Horus Heresy SoH vehicles for a painting tutorial. I might could have gone a hair darker with the green and contrast but I think they turned out fairly well.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:28 am

I agree that a touch darker would have been better, but they still look great!

I'm getting more and more excited with each painting job you get out of the way as it brings you closer and closer to BGH!
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:21 pm

hehe. Well that was the last group I was hoping to finish up before BGH. Right now I'm pushing as far as I can on the last 8 IF vehicles before the BGH stuff arrives. After that it's BGH and Epic Titans.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby aussiekirgan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:00 pm

Love your work mate, and loving hearing more about your painting tutorials. You do them really well!
aussiekirgan
User

Postby Vaaish » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:49 am

Thanks! This tutorial isn't going to be posted to my blog for a while. It was requested for the HH supplement so it will show up there first. I took special care to use a bit simpler techniques on these so most folks could duplicate them with out hitting advanced blending.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby RageofAchilles » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:02 am

I love they way you painted the predator turret, it almost glows :)
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby aussiekirgan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:33 pm

That's awesome, I've seen the draft releases, sounds like a lot of effort is being made!
aussiekirgan
User

Postby horizon » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:20 am

I really like that green colour. Well done.
horizon
User

PreviousNext

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)