[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Designing ships [possible BFG scale]
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Designing ships [possible BFG scale]

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Designing ships [possible BFG scale]

Postby RageofAchilles » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:04 am

Oooh yeah ;)
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Malika » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:58 am

- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby RageofAchilles » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:39 am

The yellow ship is odd, but the rest of the painting is awesome!

The tower is kinda what Zac was saying about an understructure covered with armoured plates. I look forward to seeing how you projects develop.
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Malika » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:36 am

Malika
Junkie

Postby RageofAchilles » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:05 am

Flying around towers and gun turrets with fighters sounds quite appealing. The starwars x-wing game has some weapon turrets and death star scenery boards for the same thing.

But if you were going with designs that are more like the tower in your pic, that would be really cool to see.

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/6e697ea61 ... 4e81ac.jpg
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Malika » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:16 pm

The tower designs can be quite cool, I already have plenty of ideas for those (been having them for a really long time). The aircraft/ships themselves are a bit trickier, (a) scale is a bit of a problem. The scale of the terrain would have to be totally different from the aircraft/ships if you want it to be workable. (b) not totally sure yet in what direction the ship design should go. I recently saw Guardians of the Galaxy and I really love that blue ship the protagonists use. However has also been getting me really excited. And I've always been really in love with ForgeWorld's Chaos Fighters (Hell Blade and Hell Talon) designs.

As you can see I still need a lot to ponder about...
Malika
Junkie

Postby RageofAchilles » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:50 pm

The ship in your link is very nice, like a millennium falcon for the EVE online universe.
I'm always thinking of projects too lol I have been playing around with making space craft for years as well and have about 9 ships in mid construction.

With fighters, personally I think 1/500 scale would work well so each fighter would be around 2.5cm long, this allows you to make other sized vessels without getting too big to handle. as for the towers, you could think of them more like comms arrays rather than hive cities.
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Malika » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:07 am

Malika
Junkie

Postby Islacrusez » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:00 am

You seem to be suffering from one of my main issues (er, one of several, that is)... The need to do ALL THE THINGS!
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby Malika » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:52 am

Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:00 am

Not sure yet what I wanna do with this. It's basically me trying to build a tower, but the scale is still a bit of a mystery. At first I imagined it to be a complete city, the model is about 15cm tall, so it would have been perfect for BFG scaled stuff. However, since it's standing on a planet's surface, it might not be that interesting for such games. I could keep the model the same and count it as an Epic scaled thing, which in itself could be interesting. Or keep it at the 28mm scale, and have it be some sort of broadcast tower.

Or maybe forget about the whole model and approach it as an artwork piece...

Options, options, options!
Malika
Junkie

Postby horizon » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:31 am

Or, well, design a planet strike/orbital attack supplement for BFG.

Ray Bell (ha) was working on such a thing.
horizon
User

Postby Malika » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:08 am

Malika
Junkie

Postby RageofAchilles » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:20 am

The tower looks like it would suit many uses in several scales, looking good.
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Malika » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:38 am

Decided to put two of my old transportships on :

Alpha

http://shpws.me/BiyF

Beta

http://shpws.me/BiL8
Malika
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Modelling