[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - BFG - ideas from internet
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

BFG - ideas from internet

Discussion of modelling

Moderator: Wardens

Re: BFG - ideas from internet

Postby Islacrusez » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:35 pm

Islacrusez
Habit

Postby horizon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:51 pm

Plus Battlefleet Gothic is for tabletop gaming. For video gaming I have Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros on the Wii U. :)
horizon
User

Postby Malika » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:18 am

Hmm, I don't mind so much that you can also doing gaming on a computer/device. I mean, the ability to play BFG on my own against a computer is just sweet. However, it is such a shame that the models in the videogame don't look as cool as they could have been...

In the meantime: http://www.gw-fanworld.net/showthread.p ... s-Children

- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby horizon » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:43 am

That last big ship is totally over the top and the wings scream cheese... pity as it is a skilled modeller I think.

The last picture shows some neat kitbashing.
horizon
User

Postby Malika » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:48 am

I'm really in love with the ordnance, especially those craft that kinda look like the Rogue Trader era . :D
Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:12 am

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Malika » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:30 am

Not BFG, but still pretty awesome (at least in my humble opinion!)
Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:08 pm

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Malika » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:17 pm

And here some more pics of it, including WIPs:
Malika
Junkie

Postby RageofAchilles » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:13 pm

Reminds me a bit of a Cylon base ship from the original BSG, the top part anyway. I had a similar idea involving the use of two frisbies as a base shell.
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Malika » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:26 am

The model is indeed a conversion of the Cylon Base Ship. :)
Malika
Junkie

Postby RageofAchilles » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:56 am

Well I'm glad he didn't paint it to resemble a cheeseburger or something lol Who would have guessed that the Cylon god was Ronald Mcdonald?

Joking aside , I'm very impressed with the docking station around the central ring.
RageofAchilles
Habit

Postby Malika » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:15 pm

I really love the post apocalyptic vibe it has, the MacDonalds logo makes it even more so. The docking ring is just mindblowing! I've been wanting to get back at designing ships, but I'm not sure anymore at what scale since seeing this stuff. *confused*
Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:55 am

Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:38 am

The meteor Space Hulk always bugged me out... http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthrea ... ic-Armadas

Malika
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Modelling