[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - [BFG] Horizon paints resin ships and other ships.
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

[BFG] Horizon paints resin ships and other ships.

Discussion of painting

Moderator: Wardens

Re: [BFG] Horizon paints resin ships and other ships.

Postby Islacrusez » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:02 am

Perhaps I have it backwards, and the elegance of their lines and the balance of their bulk gives them a presence larger than their true size. If true, you have done something very, very right.
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby horizon » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:13 am

Total mass wise the Apocalypse is still a lot more massive.
horizon
User

Postby Vaaish » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:05 am

Dunno. I'll take either :) And you're setting some pretty high expectations for the BB too!
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:12 pm

I see my ship!!! It has paint too!!! When will it be finished.. promises where made ;)
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby horizon » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:18 am

horizon
User

Postby horizon » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:02 pm

I really need more structure.... :lol:

horizon
User

Postby mangozac » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:38 am

Trust me, you've got heaps of space compared to how busy my workbench is at the moment! :P
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby horizon » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:52 pm

And a work in progress of "Anna":

And yes, blind, I need to take pictures. ;)
Last edited by horizon on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
horizon
User

Postby Malika » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:52 pm

The picture doesn't work. :(
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby horizon » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Fixed.
Lots needs to be done though but the main colours are set.
horizon
User

Postby Malika » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:51 pm

Oooh, looks really clean and sterile! The freehand paint parts need some tidying up though, but it really has a nice feel to it. The white and silver really give it this sort of wealthy, but at the same time high tech, feel to it.
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:38 am

Coming along nicely, Horizon!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby horizon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:48 pm

Jeez, I'm taking time on this one... did finish a nova marines strike cruiser though.

Although it won't be noticed it did receive paint at some places. lolz. It will all come together if the white touch up round is done at the end.

Oh and darn Vaaish for doing a free hand prow, means I need to make an attempt as well. :mrgreen:
horizon
User

Postby Vaaish » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:25 am

Coming along :)

I understand taking your time. The two I did up too quite a while and I've got a second firedrake on the table to finish up once life settles down (hopefully before fall).

On the prow: yep. We originally planned to have detail on it but leaving it open makes it so much easier to use as a canvas for what fits best with your fleet. :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby horizon » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:15 am

Currently being in Legoland Denmark. :)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1Bo-U3Q1 ... cslist_api

5 million bricks is kinda impressive.
horizon
User

PreviousNext

Return to Painting