[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Rik tries... to paint
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Rik tries... to paint

Discussion of painting

Moderator: Wardens

Rik tries... to paint

Postby Rik » Sun May 17, 2015 10:22 pm

Hello my Name is René,

my best friend and me started to play and paint again BFG and by looking for new ideas and models.
Im 32 years old, coming from Germany/Berlin and started playing 40k and gothic with 17. Pretty long time ago, i think my second home in that time was the gw store :lol: .

I Hope i can be part of that community, share ideas and show my Miniatures.

Here my first Ship:
Grey Knight Strike Cruiser WIP as Inquisition Ship

Rik
Casual

Re: Rik tries... to paint

Postby Malika » Mon May 18, 2015 4:12 am

Looking good! Got some more pics? :-D
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby Rik » Mon May 18, 2015 4:36 am

Hello Malika and thx.

here are 2 more Pics on the WIP

Rik
Casual

Postby mangozac » Mon May 18, 2015 9:32 am

Hi Rene, welcome to RA!

Your painting looks pretty clean. I like that you have done highlighting but it looks like you have missed the bridge? Are you familiar with the new models that Vaaish and I are producing at ?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Rik » Tue May 19, 2015 2:54 am

Hello Zac,

yes i read that on the weekend and wrote Vaaish an E-Mail about the Armageddon Cruiser and Space Marine Strike Cruiser he painted.
He said me, that you made the parts for him and i shoud ask you if you still can make them and sell them ? :)

Is that you as well Blackwater_Hollow with the Zeus Frigs and lcruiser ?`
sry for the mass of questions :)

Battlegroup Helios is on my buyinglist as well but on the next month i think and i wait for more information about the corvettes :)

I really like the work you all do in RA and that was it why i registered here, to be part of it.

On the Picture, yes i dont know exactly what to do with the Bridge ... should i do it like a real inquisitor and paint it gold or a silver ? or just a little bit highlighting on the edges ?
Im not sure.

thx
René

btw: i dont find in the UCP the Signature tab ....
Rik
Casual

Postby mangozac » Tue May 19, 2015 7:43 am

Blackwater_hollow is not me but an ebay seller who has my permission to sell copies. I'll send you an email to discuss further.

That is a good question regarding the strike cruiser bridge. Painting it gold could work, but I would try not to make it too bright. Tone it down with a lot of brown washes.

Sorry but the signature function is not available to brand new members. Once you've been here a little while and made a few posts it will become available ;)
mangozac

Postby Rik » Sat May 23, 2015 7:11 am

Hello,

first, thank you Zac i will come to you i think on the next week end.

here my next WIP

Rik
Rik
Casual

Postby Rik » Sat May 23, 2015 7:12 am

Rik
Casual

Postby mangozac » Mon May 25, 2015 12:59 pm

That yellow is very bright! Do you have plans to add some shading and washes?
mangozac

Return to Painting