[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - New Mecha Parts
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

New Mecha Parts

Discussion of modelling

Moderator: Wardens

New Mecha Parts

Postby paulson games » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:01 pm

Here's some stuff I recently completed and is now available on http://www.paulson-games.com

I did the 3d modeling and all of the molding and casting work. The autocannon is a reworked version of my older model which I did 5-6 years ago. Anthony helped me revise some of the detailing with a quick sketch which I then modeled in 3d and kept the weapon to the same size and overall profile as the original.

The missile launchers are a variant of the launchers I made for my Mecha Front Lynx model. I extended the launchers and added an extra row of missiles.

The Tsunami Class Beam Cannon is just a really big gun that'll fit larger models like Mobile Suit Gundam stuff and is also in a scale that's roughly compatible with GW's Tau Riptide.

3d Renders of the Autocannon

Casts of the Autocannon

3D model of the Tsunami Heavy Beam Cannon

Casts of the Tsunami Beam cannon. Modified Tau models by games workshop shown for scale.

paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: New Mecha Parts

Postby Malika » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:20 am

Digging those autocannons, even though I prefer this version:

You should make a version of that one that could be carried by a 28mm scaled model! :D
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:57 am

Great to see that you're still doing new stuff, Jon!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby TomG » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:56 pm

Yeah, I was thinking same thing. Where were printed these parts?
Only the Best Can Survive.
TomG
User

Return to Modelling