[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - 3d prints of some work for dota2
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

3d prints of some work for dota2

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

3d prints of some work for dota2

Postby organizedchaos » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:47 am

Hey guys! I' stumbled across this forum subsection and thought you might like seeing some 3d prints I had done :)
I was invited to the artist corner at the dota2 international this year (since some of my items on the workshop had been accepted) and I thought it would be neat to bring in some prints as an example of what I do as a modeler. I used makexyz.com to find someone local with a form 1+ (sla prints seem really nice!) These are all about 4-5 inches in height.

Most of the time I work with a concept artist...

This guy was concepted by Kyle Cornelius-

and this one was concepted by Daniel Lucanu

And this one was my own concept :)

I'm so happy that 3d printing is becoming more of a commonplace thing, there's nothing to really I could say to describe the feeling of being able to hold art that you made digitally as a physical thing.
organizedchaos
Casual

Re: 3d prints of some work for dota2

Postby paulson games » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:03 pm

These are really sweet. I'm assuming they were done in Zbrush? I really like the hair, that's something that I've been struggling with. I've gotten a handle on muscles and skin detail but hair that would print correctly is tricky.

Awesome work :D
paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby mangozac » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:24 am

Nice work and super smooth prints too!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:57 pm

Great stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Form 2 can do.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby organizedchaos » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:42 am

Thanks guys! Yeah, the sculpts were done in zbrush, you can see the final models on the workshop here I didn't really plan on having them printed when I made them, so I was pretty happy to see they turned out as good as they did :)

I'm not sure if I'm super keen on the form2, it seems like more of a technical upgrade so things will break less rather than an overall upgrade. As far as consumer priced printers go, i'd like to see how the xfab does since it hits 10 microns, otherwise I'll continue drooling over the envision tec printers XD.
organizedchaos
Casual

Postby Fleafa » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:00 pm

I hadn't previously heard of the Xfab. Interesting, though there is a distinct lack of example prints on their site.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:40 am

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby organizedchaos » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:23 pm

Haha, yeah, I always wait for customer pics before getting excited. The Atom 2.0 looked amazing... until I saw pictures from the people who actually owned them... XD I think xfab orders are *just* going out now, so we'll see :)
organizedchaos
Casual

Return to Digital Modelling