[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Pressure Casting Equipment
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Pressure Casting Equipment

Tutorials and resources. Beginners start in here!

Moderator: Wardens

Pressure Casting Equipment

Postby mangozac » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:34 am

Attachments
workshop1.jpg
One side of the garage. It required a day of cleaning up and a dump run to get it to this state of usability. Note the big red compressor that is actually older than I am.
workshop2.jpg
And here's my area. Pressure pot in the middle. Vacuum pump on the left. Casting supplies on the right.
workshop3.jpg
Here's the pressure pot connection details. It's a bit of a Heath Robinson as the fittings were mostly scrounged from the depths of Dad's store room. But it does the job. The reason for the complexity is because of the dual use for both pressure and vacuum.
workshop4.jpg
Top of the pressure pot. See the pressure and vacuum gauges (left and right respectively).
workshop5.jpg
Whilst I was feeling snap-happy I decided to take a picture of my modelling workbench. It's pretty messy but I blame that on the fact that there's always plastic dust and crap everywhere. We can't all model without sandpaper and have a spotless work desk like Seb does!
pressure-pot-setup.jpg
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Pressure Casting Equipment

Postby jamespipers » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:58 am

I think the steel pipe is better to use in the fitting because it is more durable compared to the copper pipe. I tried this at home and it is effective. I commend you try it too.

Last edited by jamespipers on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
jamespipers
Casual

Postby mangozac » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:01 am

Copper is most likely going to be fine for this - IIRC most cheap fittings are brass anyway (chrome plated).
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby thomen » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:00 am

Love the post! thanks for the info!
how did you block up the suction tube from the original paint setup by the way?

if i bought a similar pressure pot from ebay would there be any way i could get more info on how to rig up the dual setup from you? i.e. what parts/valves are needed etc? or would you sell a kit for that setup?

Thanks so much! sorry im totally new to this!
Tom
thomen
Casual

Postby mangozac » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:17 am

mangozac

Postby thomen » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:28 am

thomen
Casual

Postby blind pig » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:35 am

blind pig
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:36 am

Yep. Do some more reading about the forum as others have discussed the same ;)
mangozac

Postby thomen » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:37 am

will start reading around!

a baffle you say! i think ill head to the dictionary!
thomen
Casual

Postby mangozac » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:51 am

I hope the definition isn't.........baffling.
(I know I know that was a terrible pun. I couldn't help myself) :mrgreen:
mangozac

Postby thomen » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:58 am

haha dad jokes!

sorry yep! so it sort of directs the air up to the top of the pressure pot instead of blowing it straight down!

a cpu baffle might work well can pick them up very cheap on ebay

so is the gauge at the top of the yellow hose air or vacuum?
thomen
Casual

Postby blind pig » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:07 pm

blind pig
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:31 pm

mangozac

Postby thomen » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:57 am

nice ok no need to go to town on this thing! keep it simple! mdf it is! ordered the paint tank from ebay! let the waiting begin!

re the gauges on your tank is the one at the top of the yellow hose the vac gauge?
thomen
Casual

Postby mangozac » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:20 am

I cheaped out and did things a little weird with that gauge. That is the pressure gauge - it's on the same line as the yellow pressure line coming in. I did this because I didn't want to pay for an expensive 2-way valve to select which gauge to use (vacuum or pressure). It's not the best position for it as it gets cut off when the air in valve is closed.
mangozac

Next

Return to Advisory