[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish's Epic Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish's Epic Stuff

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish's Epic Stuff

Postby Vaaish » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:42 pm

DOUBLE POST!!! ok, not really, I do have some content to this.

Continuing my quick projects this week, I present the six tomb spyders to go with my three warrior phalanxes. I hope to use the remainder of the week to finish converting up the two stands of pariahs for painting next week. After that it'll be grad show and I'll probably be doing well to just finish cleaning the last phalanx and fix the miscasts. After my show I'll be finishing out the last two thunder hawks for the Fists as well.

The toughest part on these were the three left eyes. I had to redo three of spyders to get the eyes to show up properly and I'm not even sure I actually painted the cast detail or if I just painted my own detail in place.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Seb » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:55 pm

3D printing? wow.. great details.

And yet more insanely tight painting with the Spyders above. Amazing Necron force certainly man :)

Funny you mention Sunburst Yellow, as I use to mix that with the greens to get an approximation when I ran out of Scorpion back in the day.

- Seb.
Seb
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby mangozac » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:18 am

Thanks guys! Perhaps they are getting a bit small to paint :) Ah well, they are done now and I don't think much smaller will be coming through. those eyes are about the size of a pin prick.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:44 am

I'm back with a quick update. Since I'm now in crunch mode for my exhibition, it's just a small one. I needed a couple of stands of pariahs to finish out the two phalanxes I've already completed for my necron force so here they are converted from the way to many winged eldar exarchs that seem to appear in the bitz box. I think they make a fair facsimile of their larger brothers. If I get time this week I'll be cleaning up the last necron phalanx for painting to finish out all but the wraiths for the necron infantry.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:36 am

With my grad show finally up and the opening over, I got time to finish up the last necron phalanx. I'll be hitting more of the IF thunderchickens starting next week, so there will be a bit of a break before I return to start in on the obelisks.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:50 pm

Much of the same stuff, so haven't got much to comment. Top notch as always ;)

I have been meaning to ask though, do you get sick of mass painting so many tiny minis? Over 6 years I never fully finished painting my 40k scale Tau army because I hated doing the whole squad painting thing.
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:55 pm

I know. it's tough to make line infantry worthy of comment after the first batch :)

For 40k, yes painting up infantry is always a grating job. Doing them assembly line helps immensely, but I've spaced out my Marine infantry considerably. What makes it so disheartening is that even when you finish 10 guys you don't have anywhere near a usable force. Basically it was shear force of will that got me through the 30 infantry for my marine army and thinking about the conversions I'd do once I was done :)

Epic I find easier because of a couple things. To start with, it's quick to paint up and it goes a lot further. For my marines, painting up 8 stands of devastators and a thunderhawk is 700 points toward a 3k army and can be done in a weekend to a pretty high standard. It makes you feel much more inclined to paint things up when you can see real progress towards fielding a painted army.

Another example would be these necrons. with the three phalanxes, 6 tomb spiders, 2 pariahs, and the pylon, I'm over halfway finished with the army for what is effectively a months worth of painting only a couple hours here or there.

I do have to say, that after finishing up half a chapter worth of epic marines, I am getting a little tired of painting little yellow men!
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:20 pm

mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:50 pm

I'm mostly over the 40k gaming side as well. IT just wasn't fun to line everyone up and then roll dice to take them off the board. Too much emphasis on starting position and starting in range.

BFG and EPIC on the other hand have much better gameplay and I find them very enjoyable.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:55 pm

Wow the detail on those is insanely tight, when looking at the pics it's easy to forget I'm looking at epic scale stuff which really says how impressive they look.

I'm looking at differant 3-d printing companies, any suggestions on who to check out??
paulson games

Postby Vaaish » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:07 am

Thanks! For 3d printing, I'd look at using Print a Part. the stuff I've had done there is excellent in terms of speed and detail in the parts.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:09 am

I think I'm going to stake claim to the solitary forum :) anyway, I present the last of the IF thunderpidgeons. These two mark the end of the FW thunderhawks of the IF commission and leaves me with 4 more IF models to go. Before I hit those my goals for the next couple of weeks are to knock out the 10 obelisks I need for my Cron army and put together a 28mm marine for a DIY chapter swap. It may be a few weeks until I get pics up of the obelisks since I'm not sure how long Likto takes to do custom work. (no, they really aren't that special, I just wanted acrylic bases rather than wood.)

Anyway, enjoy, and perhaps one of these days I'll convince Cal to take a group shot.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:43 pm

mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:01 am

LOL something like that! :)

I would think that the acrylic would be more durable. The other options I saw were using thin plywood and I didn't think that sounded like such a good idea over time in case of warping, splintering, paint adhesion, and possible glue adhesion issues to attach things like the metal rod for the hover effect.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)