[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - 3d Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

3d Stuff

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: 3d Stuff

Postby Munkey Joe » Mon May 02, 2011 9:11 pm

I agree with Zac the hammer you could fudge, but the axe bits seem Large for non true scale models. Now I would use them as my stuff is true scale.....

but overall Ace work guy!!
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Wed May 04, 2011 8:20 pm

A katana I'm working on, the camera angle makes the handle look a bit oval. I'll also be doing a No-Dachi which is a larger two handed version. The current sword is scaled to 32 mm from end to end and is about 2.5 mm thick. The No-Dachi version will likely measure about 40mm long.

paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby mangozac » Wed May 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Very cool. Looks a little stubby with such a large hilt. Plus I think the hilt could do with a better texture like a criss-crossing pattern.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Thu May 05, 2011 8:20 am

Redid the hilt and grip. Still needs a bit more touch up work to make it an oval shape as oppsed to square but the main details are all in place.

This is actually the second version, I lost about 2 1/2 hours of work when Maya crashed while I was trying to take a screenshot and had to rebuild it all. Stupid me for not saving more often oops. This one took about an hour as I pretty much had everything figured out after doing the first mesh.

paulson games

Postby paulson games » Thu May 05, 2011 8:59 am

Just about done, a few minor touch ups needed on the tip of the blade and it should be good for printing. :)

paulson games

Postby mangozac » Thu May 05, 2011 10:46 am

Yeah much cooler! I like it!
mangozac

Postby Munkey Joe » Thu May 05, 2011 11:13 am

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Thu May 05, 2011 8:16 pm

Being that the katana was complete it was a fairly simple job to resize it to get the other weapons.

From top down:

Ogre-Dachi 65mm for 54mm scale models

No-Dachi 40mm two handed great sword for 30-40mm models

Katana 33mm for 30mm models

Wakazachi 26mm for 30mm models
paulson games

Postby factor40 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:45 pm

Looks good. Seems your skills are improving a little.

factor40
Habit

Postby paulson games » Sun May 08, 2011 5:03 pm

I did a bunch of digging around on some 3-D model sites and ran across this juicy bit. While it looks good in renders it's not currently suited for printing and has a bunch of geometry errors but I'm going to have one of my friends take a crack at cleaning it up and see if we can get it converted into something more useable for printing. (also going to need a rifle)

ImageImage
paulson games

Postby Barn » Sun May 08, 2011 6:57 pm

That looks awesome.

What scale are you thinking? Is is re-posable?
Barn
User

Postby Munkey Joe » Mon May 09, 2011 3:07 am

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Mon May 09, 2011 4:01 am

Scale can be adjusted pretty easy to be whichever size we're so not limited to just one size. Could easily do it at 15mm-54mm with out any issues. Although at smaller sizes it'll lose some detail.

It's sort of poseable, right now there's a ton of differant parts but each one needs to be moved and adjusted manually so it's a royal pain. Once we get the parts cleaned up we can rig it with a skeleton for movement that way it won't require adjusting every single part by hand.
paulson games

Postby mangozac » Mon May 09, 2011 6:55 am

Highly awesome! The Terran Marine is one of the best exo-armour designs. Ever.
mangozac

Postby Lane » Mon May 09, 2011 10:56 am

it looks cool but not sure how realistic or effective it would be. Has an awful lot of exposed cables/ hoses, be a shame to get a mission kill from small arms fire hitting the gut/ groin area.
Lane
Habit

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Modelling