[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Archangel/Sanguinius from Scibor
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Archangel/Sanguinius from Scibor

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

Archangel/Sanguinius from Scibor

Postby Arkangel » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:01 am

Scibor have made a new release. Those crazy Polish guys have done it again. I suggest anyone who hasn't checked out there stuff should!

archangel_01.jpg

http://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,index.php

The custom parts and mini's are awesome :mrgreen:

Enjoy

Hasta
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Re: Archangel/Sanguinius from Scibor

Postby mangozac » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:24 am

Although they're quite obviously meant as Space Marines, I do quite enjoy Scibor's style. Certainly much more "ancient" looking and I'm certain that if I were doing marines I would include some of their minis.

Not too keen on the Demon/Ork head in his hand though...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby factor40 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:59 am

Nice. Always thought Scibor's stuff looked cool. Why are some people so against them? Apparently they use a kind of press molding for some of their details. Is that really such an issue?

Curious what you guys think.

factor40
Habit

Postby mangozac » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:47 pm

I have no idea, I think it's just miniature snobbery. I'm a scratchbuilder, so as long as the result is good who cares how it was achieved? I see pressmoulding to be exactly the same as FW reusing bits of their other minis on a new one. The Ramilies Star Fort has been made using heaps of bits from the plastic Imperial Cruisers kits!

Like I said I would have no problem using their minis! Look at the new . Other than what I feel is a slightly bland looking "reactor" on his back, this is as awesome model and I think unique enough that it begins to set its own trend away from Space Marines.
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:56 pm

I've always found his stuff kinda clashes a bit when you combine the look with GW or other minis. I have nothing against his press molding but all of the detail comes out as raised surfaces and raised edges where most other lines have a better mix of raised vs imprinted details so I think it looks ever so slightly off.

I think some of his pieces look amazing, particuarly since his paint style fits it so well, but I've always held off purchasing any of his stuff for my armies as I prefer everything to look pretty uniform. Between the all the raised edges and even more oversized style it's a bit too much for my personal taste. Mariens are already pretty huge, his stuff is totally gigantic.
paulson games

Postby Vaaish » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:24 am

If you read through a thread over on relic news by winterdyne, he put together a squad of Scibor space wolf terminators. He brought up points about ill proportioned limbs, unfinished areas, and poorly fitting parts. The models are also more of true scale than the scale GW uses for infantry which makes them quite a bit larger on the field and can be off putting to players.

Personally, I just dislike his aesthetic most of the time. On this one I'm not fond of the haphazard arrangement of the feathers and look of the wing, or the imprecision of of the strip forming the edge of the wing. I'm also not that fond of how his armors can tend to look tacked together with little bitz here and there rather than a single piece or defy any concept of working. Since it's here, the shoulder pads of this model are large enough that he smacks his head on them if he moves his arms above his head.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby factor40 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:43 am

factor40
Habit

Postby mangozac » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:04 am

Thanks Vaaish that's interesting to know. I suppose some of those points are a little subjective, but I do understand all of them. I do agree that the feathers could look better on the Archangel. As for the exaggerated style I don't mind it - it's depicted in a lot of the Space Marine artwork and I think more characterful (although yes may look a bit off next to standard marines).
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:46 am

Don't get me wrong, truescale isn't a problem per se and it's not exaggeration for effect primarily that's the issue. It's more that people don't realize how large his models are and then pick up a couple to spice up a unit only to find them rather out of place both in the design of the model and the size drawing even more attention to it within the ranks.

It's even more misleading in the descriptions of things like shoulder pads from him where he says they fit most 28/32mm models. I've seen side by side comparisons between his stuff and GW terminator pads and his pads most definitely do not properly fit the models.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Lane » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:50 pm

Lane
Habit

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews