[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons

Postby Munkey Joe » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:41 pm

And My termies came in as well..... Amd I could not be happier. they are the same quality as my last set and Im very happy with them. I saw no defects.
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Hatemonger » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:21 am

Hatemonger
Casual

Postby Munkey Joe » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:03 am

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby Lane » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:46 pm

Now that I have the conversion bits I need to plan out the rest of the figure.

What legs to use?
Mk2-5 legs look a bit plain compared to the ornate conversion bits.

Imperial Mk 6-7 legs might look OK but do not exactly fit with a Pre heresy look.

Chaos Legs have more detail than Imperial versions but are a distinctly post heresy style.

Gray Knight legs might work with a bit of cleanup . They appear to be a Mk 6 base which could be heresy era. The extra detail, minus "][" symbols and purity seals, is not as gaudy as Chaos legs and may fit withe the rest of the mini better.

Terminators have the same issues with legs.

What arms to use?
Chaos arms should work. The detail is not blatantly post heresy.

Imperial arms would work as there are only minor differences between armor marks.

Gray Knight arms might work but guns may be a problem. I'll have to check out the sprues.

Weapons?
I have the FW bolter set and several generations of GW Bolters. Since the PA troops will probably only be used as squad leaders or characters they may need pistols or CC weapons as well.
Lane
Habit

Postby Hatemonger » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:04 am

Hatemonger
Casual

Postby cygnnus » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:27 am

Finally managed to get to the Post Office to pick up my Galactic Knights in Great Armour. Very, very nice. As good, if not better, than the "normal" Thousand Sons they make. The detail's even better than you can see on the pix. Almost no problems with bubbles (just a few tiny ones). My only gripe, and it's really nit-picking is that some of the casting lugs are going to be hard to remove. Certainly not impossible, but it'll take some care.

But aside from that one quibble, the new Great Armor kits are superb. Have to think about getting some more at some point!

Vale,

JohnS
cygnnus
Casual

Postby Lamenter40K » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:57 pm

I've been looking high and low for these bits on eBay. I've sent messages to the previous auctioner but got no reply. Does anyone know someone I can contact to pick up a set? Or if you see an auction go up could you post to this thread? (since they seem to be under some creative names there could be auctions going on right now and I just can't find them)

Thanks!
I have harnessed the shadows that stride from world to world sowing madness and death.

H.P. Lovecraft
From Beyond
Lamenter40K
Casual

Postby cygnnus » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:03 pm

cygnnus
Casual

Postby Lamenter40K » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:48 pm

Thanks Cygnnus. Do you recall what sort of price the bits were pulling in on the auction, or what the buy it now price was?

I've noticed that the prices for the Custodes (both metal "troopers" and the resin terminators) can vary pretty wildly.
I have harnessed the shadows that stride from world to world sowing madness and death.

H.P. Lovecraft
From Beyond
Lamenter40K
Casual

Postby Lane » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:23 am

IIRC their auctions were a bit erratic anyway. They would have 5-10 of a few items then a few of something else, etc.

Looks to me like they are casting sets as they have spare time then posting in batches. This latest down time could be several molds needed replacing or waiting for more resin.
Lane
Habit

Postby Lamenter40K » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:31 pm

I hadn't considered, must be my impatient nature. I'll keep my eyes open for another auction to pop up.

H.P. Lovecraft
From Beyond
Lamenter40K
Casual

Postby cygnnus » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:15 pm

cygnnus
Casual

Postby Lane » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:54 pm

The Power armor set of ten was $50, Termies were $40 for six.
Note: arms, legs and weapons not included.
Lane
Habit

Postby Lamenter40K » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:18 pm

I really wanted it but had to pass on the auction I was watching. He was starting at 99 pounds (roughly $170 USD), plus about another $20.00 for shipping. $200 for ten sets of armor, minus arms, legs and weapons seems a little steep.

H.P. Lovecraft
From Beyond
Lamenter40K
Casual

Postby Munkey Joe » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:24 pm

I MIGHT can Help..... Im in America and international shipping is not a concern....

Im going to GenCon in 3 days though so I cannot really commit to ANYTHING till I return BUT I might be able to help out some....
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews