[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Dreamforge Leviathan Crusader
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Dreamforge Leviathan Crusader

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

Dreamforge Leviathan Crusader

Postby paulson games » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:29 pm

I'd pre-ordered a Crusader from Dreamforge a couple months back and it finally came in today! :D

It is a seriously impressive beast, the box doesn't seem all that huge but once it was opened I was like holy crap this is a seriously cool and complex model. It has me drooling but it's honestly a bit intimidating to see so many parts.

Casting quality is quite good, there's a couple oddly colored pinkish pieces which stick out since most all the parts are a light grey tone. It's not an issue as once primed the part color doesn't matter. I know Mark was having some issues with the caster's lax quality control so those are probably pieces he cast in order to get the kits completed.

I spent all day in chicago playing battletech so I haven't tore into the kit too deeply yet, I took pics of the bags of parts but the battery died out on me before i could upload them, grah.

So in the meantime I'll post some of Mark's pics for reference and I'll get my own up as soon as the battery is recharged. The parts are pretty much exactly as shown on his blog, so it's definately a solid kit.

paulson games
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: Dreamforge Leviathan Crusader

Postby mangozac » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:39 pm

Excellent! Looking forward to the unboxing pics!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Arkangel » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:54 am

So Paul from the pics I'm guessing it's pretty spot on for what would be close to 'Knight' Size if you get my meaning?
I hav to say this looks awesome hmmmm I'd like me a couple of those :mrgreen:
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby paulson games » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:54 am

I'm not too sure what the differant titan scales work out to be. I did find this on dakka which shows an assembled kit side by side with a warhound.

paulson games

Postby Arkangel » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:55 pm

Unfortunately it's a little on the big side for a knight. However it would make a brilliant stand in for a Grey Knight 'Dread-knight'. it's far closer to the fluf in looks, even if its a bit too big. Hmmmm......gonna have to check this out further :twisted:
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby mangozac » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:00 pm

mangozac

Postby Lane » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:52 am

it shouldn't be hard to make a hybrid if you can get the parts. The difference between the crusader and Mortis are head, feet, extra armor on crusader and weapon selection.
Lane
Habit

Postby Seb » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:32 am

G'damn you plucky bastitch. I adore this model, just haven't the 'disposable' income presently get one.

I can see an entire Royalist army amassed about it's feet.

Personally I say scaling be damned, it looks the closest to a Knight (in my mind) than most figures GW even made.

I really should sit down and do some sculpting to work toward my Highlander Regiment IG.

- Seb.
Seb

Postby Lane » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:05 am

IIRC he is working on a 15mm version that will stand about 4"-5" tall, placing it in the range of a Dreadknight.
Lane
Habit

Postby NoseGoblin » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:42 am

Right you are! 5.5 " tall and the some of the parts are off at the spincaster right now. I am working on the molds for the resin components. If all works out, Justin over at Secret Weapon will be casting these.

All the best!
Mark-
NoseGoblin
Casual

Postby pat » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:54 pm

I have to agree this is a fantastic model. I building a Leviathan Crusader and mortis right now.

The kits are a lot better than the FW warhounds that i have built.
pat
Casual

Postby NoseGoblin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:08 am

NoseGoblin
Casual

Postby mangozac » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:02 am

Wow at that price for the 15mm version they will sell like hotcakes!
mangozac

Postby NoseGoblin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:00 pm

I am pleased to announce that the Leviathan Mortis and Leviathan Crusader have both been nominated for best vehicle of the year by Table Top Gaming News!
Voting for the best game, miniature, vehicle and others is still on going and ends Friday the 20th.

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/forum ... 86#post386

The winner is chosen by you! If you feel the Crusader and Mortis are some of the best game vehicles for 2011, please head on over and cast your vote. Your help is truly appreciated.

All the best!
Mark-
DreamForge-Games
NoseGoblin
Casual

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews