[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - [BFG] MangoZac's Zeus Destroyers
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

[BFG] MangoZac's Zeus Destroyers

Discussion of painting

Moderator: Wardens

[BFG] MangoZac's Zeus Destroyers

Postby Seb » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:54 am

I had some fun painting a handful of up recently, been taking my time posting them however! Since I am overseas from the 14th this month, best get them up then show finished photos in the new year :D

Thought the crew might enjoy a lick of paint on these ships. They're about 90% complete, just the wings and metal to be highlighted.

I also used the new directional mark bases, they came up very nice with a good coat of black primer. Very gamer-chic. I've added a freighter and the original Cruiser I modified which bears these colours for the future fleet..

Best,
Seb
Seb
Resin Addict Collaborator

Re: [BFG] MangoZac's Zeus Destroyers

Postby mangozac » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:48 pm

Nothing like space rain to give starships that cool streaked finish ;)

Seriously though I do love that style. Am sorely tempted to give it a go myself one day - if I do I'll be sure to hit you up for pointers!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:35 pm

looking pretty good! I'm hoping to have some mechs posted tomorrow night myself :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Seb » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks guys :)

I chose the 'Rain in Spaaaace" approach because it gives a pleasing visual sense of age. Bothering with minute weathering in zero g doesn't quite capture my enthusiasm. :P

Looking forward to expanding the fleet, then picking up some Tau ships to do small skirmishes about the Eastern Fringe.

I have my eye on some of the alternate fleet models out there too, for alien races the Tau encounter and take on if need be. That an a new Nicassar models is needed.

- Seb
Seb

Return to Painting