[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Anvil Industry WIP's and new product...
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Anvil Industry WIP's and new product...

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Anvil Industry WIP's and new product...

Postby mangozac » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:20 am

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby factor40 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:05 am

Just saw the video, that's quite a good idea. I'll be posting a link on my hobby blog to get the word out.

Cheers.

factor40
Habit

Postby Anvils Hammer » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:58 am

Thanks guys!

Cheers for the extra exposure Factor40, all helps!

Mango, I initially started with vertical molds and had serious viscosity issues! but switching back to horizontal molds is so much easier.. I still make mistakes! :p

Deadmeat, 65D looks amazing!! Im gonna have to get my hands on a test sample... I emailed bentley chemical a week ago.. no reply so far, might need to badger them as it looks like they could be a great source of both rubber and resin!

cut the mold for my new heavy weapons today, well chuffed with them, pics tommorow!

AH
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby Seb » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:29 am

Just spied said video myself too. Great idea, perfect way to move deeper into the market and get your name out there with a signature product. :geek:
Seb

Postby mangozac » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:56 am

mangozac

Postby Deadmeat30 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:04 pm

AH, 65d from bentleys, they don't do samples, you have to buy it :(.
Last edited by Deadmeat30 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:51 pm

There's no product called FC10 on their website...

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Anvils Hammer » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:11 pm

Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby Deadmeat30 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:35 pm

65d is about £120 for a 7kg kit

The resin is about 70 quid for 5kg kit.

Get samples and see how you get on. Really think you will like it.
Last edited by Deadmeat30 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Deadmeat30 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:39 pm

Also 65d had a pot life of about 2-3 mins. So plenty of time to vacuum and pressure. I'll get some photos tonight of resin.
Last edited by Deadmeat30 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Anvils Hammer » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:57 am

Woop woop... the vacuum casting is now working perfectly.. hence new remastered parts now available!!

Spartan torso and helmet-

New "Raven" Helmet with Praetorian Torso

New Tech helmet-

And remastered Medieval, Rennaisance and Praetorian Helmets-

Anvils Hammer
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby mangozac » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Looking good Joel! Glad to hear you've perfected the vac casting - you'll have to update us with the technique you have settled on ;)

We've discussed if before and you know I'm not taking a stab at your painting, but I stand by my previous comments that you should have pictures of the unpainted bare resin parts also.
mangozac

Postby Anvils Hammer » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:00 am

Cheers!

Still experimenting alot.. I will upload photos of molds/sprues etc at some point.

Im going to get photos of the bare resin next time I do a photo shoot (My mate comes round with £1000 worth of camera equipment.. :mrgreen: )

AH
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Previous

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews