[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - check this food vacuum sealer!!
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

check this food vacuum sealer!!

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

check this food vacuum sealer!!

Postby amph » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:19 pm

What do u think??? this is quite powerful for resin casting/degassing???
I think it can be a nice investment
amph
Casual

Re: check this food vacuum sealer!!

Postby amph » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:19 pm

amph
Casual

Postby Lane » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:38 pm

Probably nowhere near powerful enough. IIRC this type of vacuum pump get's about 14" vacuum and I think RTV starts to bubble at about 20".
Lane
Habit

Postby mangozac » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Yep Lane has answered this one. Those are simply not powerful enough, and also probably don't have a high enough speed to be useful for casting, especially where the material is curing quite quickly.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby blind pig » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:07 pm

What about for degassing resin in a mould?
blind pig
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:08 am

I'd still expect speed to be an issue (even more so than degassing the silicone). Then again perhaps it would be ok for very small moulds, but bottom line is that it's almost certainly not going to give the necessary degree of vacuum required.

I did just find this description of a for those that are interested (via Hack a Day).
mangozac

Postby blind pig » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:46 am

I looked into using a pressure cooker vessel years ago, they were usually about 4-6L volume and bloody expensive!!!!

You can buy commercial ones that are about 20L in volume, but they were about $600.

just had a look on Ebay and 20L ones are about $199AUD with about $50 postage. I wonder why he didn't use the gasket from the lid?
blind pig
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:57 am

Wow that's expensive! I guess unless you've got an old unused pressure cooker around you're better just using the ubiquitous 10L pressure pot...
mangozac

Postby Hiflt4@juno.com » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:29 pm

http://www.toolsdelivered.com/search.as ... earch.y=12

best prices I have found choose the cfm for the size pot you have. i went with the 10cfm but even a 2 or 2.5 will do for a 2.5 gal pot. single stage is fine for rtv, use a 2 stage for resin.
Hiflt4@juno.com
Casual

Postby Snorlax » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:19 pm

Food vacuum sealers also come as a smaller hand held device, which can be quite handy if you have limited counter space in your kitchen to place a conventional sized vacuum packaging machine. However, the hand-held sealer only works for smaller items such as soup, leftovers, and perhaps, one or two slices of poultry. Also you can use it to vacuum pack items like flour, baking powder, rice, or sugar and this will remain preserved within the damages of humidity without becoming dry. If you are pondering , I'd recomment Maxkon at Crazysales, which is at great discount with sealer bags included.
Snorlax
Casual

Return to Dr Polymer