[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Full Borer Miniatures
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Full Borer Miniatures

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

Full Borer Miniatures

Postby Arkangel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:49 am

So I checked this guy out some time ago, his name is Chris Borer, he made probably my favourite ever duel entry for a GD and won the slayer sword with it(Chicargo 2008). Check out the Gallery it's called Fratricide.
Anyway he's big pals with Dave Taylor who's blog I follow and he produced a miniature for Adepticon in the states in 2010 the convention mini for that year called the Govenor.
Dave Taylor and his mates have been doing a lot of giving to charity the last few years and did a heroes of armageddon set of armies last year for said charities.
Chris won the open with his re-sculpt of the Govenor as a Imp Guard Master of Ordanance.
It is now available to buy.
I'll be getting one so I thought I'd share :mrgreen:

http://www.fullborerminiatures.com/store/
Attachments
FBMS_Artillerist_sm.jpg
FBMS_Artillerist_sm.jpg (18.83 KiB) Viewed 11952 times
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Re: Full Borer Miniatures

Postby geomod » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:59 pm

Thanks for the heads up Arkangel. I now have some on the way too.

I think these guys will make great inquisitorial henchmen. :D or imperial naval ratings :o or something :oops: .

The important part is to have the figures, right?

I'll add them to the heap. :oops: :P

Cheers,

Geomod
geomod
User

Postby mangozac » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:17 pm

Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Seb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:31 am

Wondering when Chris would get into miniature making. We used to trade emails and parts a few years back; he even cast my Tau Auxiliary helmet, sending me the mould and a few test pieces to give me a better idea how to do it.

Great guy, good to see what he is up too lately.

Personal favourite project was another GD entry wherein you had a troll wading through dungeon water to get to a Dwarf Slayer.

- Seb
Seb

Postby Arkangel » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:39 am

Hey Seb,
how about touching bases with him and getting his arse on here? :mrgreen: Especially if you've got history. I'd ask the guy myself, but I've done enough recruiting lately just ask Zac. It's like the in house RA joke, Dan the 'Resin Recruiter'. It's a good job I don't work on commission :lol:

I really like his stuff. I so wanted to do a 'fratricide' style entry that year in the UK it was going to be my first GD entry. Warhound was giving me pointers and everything then Chris went and Won the Slayer Sword. Damn it was good too. I thought I had a great idea too, not only did he beat me to it. He did it better than I ever could to be fair. I had an Imp Fist up against a World Eater, almost identical pose and everything. Oh well.... :mrgreen:

Get on it Seb!

Arkangel
Habit

Postby mangozac » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:26 am

Haha you've been told now Seb!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby geomod » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:49 am

Hi Guys,

I've just been bouncing emails back and forth with Chris, and told him about the forum.

Hopefully he will drop by.

:o
geomod
User

Postby Deadmeat30 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:41 pm

Is that Smooth on resin? Looks like it.

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby factor40 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:50 am

I remember seeing that figure up on Dave Taylor's blog, wasn't that part of a fund raising campaign?

Really solid work there.

factor40
Habit

Postby Arkangel » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:06 pm

Yeah it was part of the Heroes of Armageddon. A big charity give away. It was also entered in the Open competition which it won.

Very cool stuff. It's be great to get chris on here

Arkangel
Habit

Postby fullborer » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:49 am

Hey all,

Thanks very much for all the kind words. I’ve been painting and converting for a long time, and making simple molds/castings for awhile, but full sculpts are still comparatively new to me – and as a side project the going is slow. Nevertheless, I can’t tell you how cool it is to see a post like this.

I’m really looking forward to poking around the forum. I’m having metal versions of my minis made too, but I prefer working on resin…

As Arkangel has kindly and correctly summarized, the painted version of this model went to the Golden Demons last year, won his category (good karma from the charity project?) and was shipped off to the winner of the Imperial Guard army from the Heroes of Armageddon charity project.
My single mini was obviously only the tiniest drop in the bucket from that project, but I really enjoyed participating. Their blogspot site has lots of pictures of all the armies, but my favorite has to be the assembled forces on the custom-built table. It was really a sight to see. That was their second big charity project – I’m really looking forward to learning more about year three.

@Arkangel – thanks for the initial post and compliments on Fratricide! And I’d encourage you to work on your duel regardless. If we only painted minis that no one else had done, we’d never paint anything – besides, yours has Imperial Fists and World Eaters (two of my favorites), presumably set in the Palace. I say do it anyway!

@Deadmeat30 – yep, Smooth-On 320 with a little of their black pigment to turn it gray.

@geomod – thanks for the invite and link!

@Seb – hey man, long time no email! Expect a message soon-ish – I want to catch up on some of your recent work first. I’m already jealous of the new Scythes scouts.

-cb
fullborer
Casual

Postby Arkangel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:37 am

Chris,
I'd just like to welcome you onto the forum, thanks for the thumbs up on the fratricide project but that got side-lined a loong time ago :lol: You're right however just because some-one has already done something it shouldn't put anyone off. Yours was way cooler than mine though -Gush- :oops:
Anyway enough of that nice to see you hear and really look forward to your input.

Don't forget to tell your friends!! :mrgreen:

Arkangel

Arkangel
Habit

Postby geomod » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:51 am

Hi Chris,

Glad to see you made it OK. :D

The staff here are very gentle and quite welcoming.
Might I suggest the green pills (they are made of green stuff) and taste of lime.................. :lol:
The only side effect seems to be the rapid accumulation of cool bits of plastic and mechanical equipment. :P :oops:

On a more serious note, mangozac has set up a great resource here for everyone from hobbyists to professionals. Welcome to the forum.

Cheers,

Geomod
geomod
User

Postby Seb » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:56 am

Hi Chris :D

Glad to see you wandering about RA, hellacious amount of material to read here.

Cheers on the scouts, massively overdue project that. Need to green up the gaps and add details.

Looking forward to further miniatures from your new studio efforts! :D

- Seb
Seb

Postby Arkangel » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:51 am

That's my 2 ordered :mrgreen:

Arkangel
Habit

Next

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews