[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Fleafa sculpts a monster
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Fleafa sculpts a monster

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Fleafa sculpts a monster

Postby mangozac » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:06 am

Yeah looking great! Although I personally prefer a little more armour - I didn't have a problem with the shin plating...
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Fleafa » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:37 am

Cheers guys! I'm totally terrified of the printing and casting stages. Print will cost loads and I've never cast a multi-part figure. Base scares me too.

Zac: I liked the idea of more armour but was so pleased with the anatomy I would be hiding! It is certainly somewhat inaccurate to humans, but I like it :)

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby factor40 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:49 am

Best of luck with this! Looking forward to seeing the results.

factor40
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:37 am

Thanks, I'm going to need it!
Ordering tonight, but wanted to check some things. Made a mistake with the base size, so I changed that. Here's a shot for scale comparisons:

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby geomod » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:35 am

Hi Fleafa,

Thanks for the scale shot. It is even more impressive when you realise how big this gribbly is going to be. :D

Good luck with the printing and casting.

Waits with wallet poised........................... :oops: :oops:

Cheers,

Geomod
geomod
User

Postby mangozac » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:40 am

Looks great lined up like that!

Did you do the other 3D models or acquire them from somewhere?
mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:11 am

The other models are straight out of Dawn of War II using mod tools :)

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby factor40 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:30 am

Wow, much bigger than I thought it was. Hopefully it won't cost too much to get printed properly.

factor40
Habit

Postby mangozac » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:27 am

You're going to cast them for sale, right?
mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:10 am

Yep. Not the DoWII models though, obviously.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:12 am

:D

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:26 am

Nice! I thought you were going to print the broken up ground base too, but I guess this is cost saving ;)

Is that the print or a cast? I ask because it looks super high quality from the video...
mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:29 am

The base failed certain mesh requirements because I made it fast and was lazy. Sculpting it the old fashioned way :)
This is the first cast. Came out ok, though I think the elastic bands were a little too tight on the body as the arms have a slight overhang at the join. Painting him tomorrow and taking him to a tourney on Saturday where I will hopefully take a few orders :)

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:55 am

I don't think you'll have any trouble getting orders!

We expect you to share the painted pictures on here as soon as it's done too ;)
mangozac

Postby factor40 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:11 am

factor40
Habit

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Modelling