[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Scibor New Mecha - Paladin
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Scibor New Mecha - Paladin

Found an interesting kit in resin or plastic? Want to review a kit you've just bought? Share it with us here!

Moderator: Wardens

Scibor New Mecha - Paladin

Postby Arkangel » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:20 am

Well those Polish Guys have done it again go check this out:

http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.ph ... din_01.jpg

Looks like they're branching into the Drednought/Dread Knight area now :geek:
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Re: Scibor New Mecha - Paladin

Postby blind pig » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:21 am

Wow!

Smart little buggers, aren't they?

I think the left hand gun is pretty plain lookin, but I guess that could be easily converted or it needs a hand with a HUGE sword to hit people with. :lol:
blind pig
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Honestly, I really, really don't like it. It's a terrible design and mechanically poorly detailed. It kind of looks like a kid's action figure. Can't argue with their choice of target market though ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby blind pig » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:07 pm

I like it better than the GW Knight Titan, though the feet, shoulders and gun need work.

I don't understand all these walkers that have the pilot's head sticking out though, one las pistol shot and he's without a pilot.
blind pig
Junkie

Postby Arkangel » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Zac, mate i never said i liked lol :lol: just had to put it out there. Plus it just goes to show there's a target audience for this kind of mini. Like it or not its a progression for Scibor into the larger mecha even if it falls short. Its at least a step in the right direction for the drednought, dreadknight market.
Hey do me a favour, point that thing somewhere else!

http://photobucket.com/Arkangel_bucket
Arkangel
Habit

Postby mangozac » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:38 pm

mangozac

Postby Xeones » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:20 pm

I really have to agree with Zac on this one. I'm not a fan at all. It could have been cool, but it looks half-finished. I think quite a few of the regular posters on this forum could have done it better. :mrgreen:
Xeones

Postby Deadmeat30 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:47 am

I'm the same, just lacks something I can't grasp words for, but the pilot sticking out the top just looks silly!

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Anvils Hammer » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:15 am

God dammit they piped Anvil Industry to the post!!

My own mech walker is in the planning/3D design stage at the moment, for anticipated release in about 3 months.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc5 ... review.jpg

Im not a massive fan of the paladin, its an nice model but its in the scibor "style" and I dont like the style.. I like my mechs more gothic, more mechanical and "thicker" if that makes sense, for example I

Overall though its a nice model if thats the style you like and the price is pretty competative compared to some of his 28mm minis..

AH
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby mangozac » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:08 am

Don't worry Joel, the bar hasn't been set very high ;)
mangozac

Postby Anvils Hammer » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:19 am

and lets face it.. being accused of ripping off Scibor is the least of my worries in this market :mrgreen:
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:58 pm

Lol, indeed. Shouldn't be hard for you to beat that design.
It suffers from having no mid details, like all Scibor stuff. I dislike the way those press-moulded details are just chucked on.
Plus the mechanism seems to have been given very little thought.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:15 am

mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:08 am

Exactly. Mid level detail is really important on large miniatures, especially mechs.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:05 pm

It may not be Dr. Evil's baby carrier like the deathknight.... but I don't like it. Feels really clunky and comical to me and the details look plastered on.

IMO not one of his better pieces.
paulson games

Return to Kit Finds & Reviews