[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Fleafa's random sculpts
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Fleafa's random sculpts

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Fleafa's random sculpts

Postby Fleafa » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:32 am

I just sculpted this guy quickly and thought I'd start a thread for all the random sculpts I do. Not that I do that many, but maybe this will encourage me!
Had a play around with a composite render:
doublenostrils.jpg

And here's a video:
http://youtu.be/qbt2qagZE_s

Fleafa
Junkie

Re: Fleafa's random sculpts

Postby factor40 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:00 am

Before I was ever able to learn how Zbrush works, I used to think it was a fringe app that wasn't very useful. Now that I have learned something more about it, I have a much greater appreciation for what people can do with it.

Looks awesome, sir!

factor40
Habit

Postby mangozac » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:30 pm

So this guy can smell and hear really well? ;)

Nice sculpting!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Fleafa » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:04 am

Some freelance work:
heads01.jpg

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:34 pm

They're all so angry... :P
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Last edited by paulson games on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulson games

Postby factor40 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:52 am

I like the hair you did on the upper left head. I still haven't figured out a good approach to that yet.

factor40
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:46 am

Attachments
heads02.jpg

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:57 am

One thing that jumps out at me is that the ears may need to be brought out a bit as they look a bit flat for printing.

On the model render they look good but having seen how render vs prints tend to come out I suspect they may be a bit flat.

I do like a lot of facial details they seem like they will print well and are deep enough to translate well at 28mm scale.
paulson games

Postby factor40 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:50 pm

If you do pull the ears out at all, keep the back of the ear lobe filled out with geometry. If you go for anatomical correctness, and stretch out the lobes, they become very brittle and tend to chip after printing..

I speak from experience ;)

factor40
Habit

Postby paulson games » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Had to add this video link as the heads totally reminded me of it http://youtu.be/LOwS9W_Mgmg

I think it's the secret training video GW uses for creating space marine facial expressions.
paulson games

Postby Fleafa » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:47 pm

You guys may well be right about the ears but I will be doing test prints of these anyway.
Lol, Paulson, never seen that before!

heads03.jpg

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:44 pm

Got a couple of sculpts here which I think I will be turning into prints. Will take a little work to get them there, but I think it will be worth it. What do you guys think?

Classic Daemon - pretty much ready to print.
PrintRender04.jpg

Rhydia - Needs hair sculpting, posing and cloth thickening.
01.jpg

Dragon Ogre - pretty much ready too. Would like to do three poses.
Posing04.jpg
Last edited by Fleafa on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Dragon Ogre should be called T-Rex Ogre :P

While the sculpt is good, the problem I see with Rhydia is that she has no context. She's just a random fantasy female, for which I wouldn't expect there to be a massive market? I could be wrong though....
mangozac

Postby factor40 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:41 am

Liking those! The Dragon Ogre is my favorite of the lot but they're all good work.

factor40
Habit

Next

Return to Digital Modelling