[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Kickstarter ! FORM 1: An affordable, professional 3D printer
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Kickstarter ! FORM 1: An affordable, professional 3D printer

General discussion. Keep it fairly on topic. New members start here

Moderator: Wardens

Kickstarter ! FORM 1: An affordable, professional 3D printer

Postby SSB » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:24 am

Have you seen that ?

If you already posted on that matter... Just erase that post ! :)
Si Dieu existe, j'espère qu'il a une bonne excuse !
SSB
User

Re: Kickstarter ! FORM 1: An affordable, professional 3D pri

Postby Seb » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:18 am

Also an article on , gives you more insight and media to review.

- Seb
Seb
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Fleafa » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:06 pm

I was going to post this the other day but... forgot maybe? I can't remember.
Looks promising. The resin is something like $150/litre, which is actually reasonable compared to other manufacturers.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Deadmeat30 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:21 am

Ive been looking at 3d printers closely (as I'm sure zac can tell you all). This does look fantastic, and is an excellent price. The problem that there is, is the stepping. While being able to print at 25 micron layers, the laser is 300 microns, so it could lead to problems in the detail area. I think for printing test models this is perfect. But for printing ready to cast parts without a lot of clean up, this could cause problems. I wish they would show some more detailed pictures and macro shots.

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby mangozac » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:24 am

It does look like a nice machine and well priced. For engineering prototyping work it would be perfect, but the surface finish just isn't good enough for miniatures.

Fleafa, what are the usual resin costs for other manufacturers?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Deadmeat30 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:35 am

Envisiontec resin is around 350 Euros per KG. So this is alot cheaper!

Heres a good picture of a print, you can see the stepping lines clearly, shame, as it would of made an amazing piece of kit.

Neptune Black (low res).jpg

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Fleafa » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:44 am

Last edited by Fleafa on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:36 pm

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby Deadmeat30 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:07 am

interesting twist in it all...

Deadmeat30
Habit

Postby Anvils Hammer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:08 pm

Such a shame the lawsuit..

I saw this machine in action and examined some of the parts it produced, it was great quality for the affordable price!

I really hope the kickstarter backers dont end up losing their money because that really would be a blow to the croud funding system.

For GBP 2-3k, this machine is not good for miniatures yet, but in 5-10 years time.. Im getting a printer!

I want a wax printer, but they are £30,000 and I can neither afford nor justify that!

Long time no post here, works been keeping me very busy! How is everyone doing?

Joel
Anvils Hammer
Habit

Postby mangozac » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:48 pm

Will be interesting to see what happens with it - I just did a very quick google and there doesn't seem to be any news since (not surprisingly given the speed at which this kind of legal stuff proceeds).

It has been a while - looking forward to you sharing an update of what you've been up to!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac

Postby Munkey Joe » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:51 am

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Return to The Waiting Room