[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - 3d Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

3d Stuff

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: 3d Stuff

Postby Vaaish » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:19 pm

Nice. I have to say though now that I see them again, the first two banners with the multiple attachment points just don't look right. The reason for it is that the fabric should pull tight around the attachment point and cause distortion in the fabric but it doesn't do that.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Fleafa » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:38 am

Noice. But I do agree with Vaaish.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:26 pm

While Vaaish is right, I don't think it's enough to be a real problem. They just looked stylised.

Loving the rifle designs though!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby paulson games » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:27 am

A little bit of Law...

Both helmets are the same save for the face shield. Should I have it smooth or run with it having a lip?

Also any other suggestions? (looking for precise ideas, not vague "add more detail" type suggestions)

Other angles

paulson games

Postby mangozac » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:03 am

Add more detail..... :P

Looks good and I like the lip, however I feel that it's a bit too thick along the bottom/around the rear. Can you thin it out a bit?
mangozac

Postby Fleafa » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:24 pm

I definitely prefer smooth!

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Here's a couple roughs I was working on and wanted to see what you guys think. I'm also considering working on revised versions of the missile launchers. So if you have any thoughts on changes you'd liek to see on my older models or comments on the WIP stuff please fire away as I'd like to hear your thoughts.

A couple Qs.

Do you guys like the idea of a dual auto cannon set up?

single & dual lasers?

Are the mecha beam cannons too large? Would they be better if they were resized slightly smaller?

Do you like sensors being included on the weapon or would you prefer versions of them without the sensor?

Dual AC

Single laser

Dual Laser

Older designs for reference - Long beam gun, long rail gun, med beam gun, medium rail gun, underslung railgun

paulson games

Postby Fleafa » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:06 pm

Looking good.
Perhaps make the sensors separate so people can choose?

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:45 am

mangozac

Postby Blindhorizon » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:10 am

I think the sensor's look fantastic, just shows how much more you can get with paulson games in my opinion.

Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby paulson games » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:23 am

update, still working on the lower two models.

Casting the sensors is going to be rather fiddely as they are about 2x2mm. I'll be doing seperate versions of the gun w & w/o the sensors.

I should be finishing these up tonight and hopefully have them off for printing tomorrow. The autocannons will come later as the single AC I sell tends to move more slowly. I'll be working on some flamethrowers and probably will send those in together in a later batch.
paulson games

Postby paulson games » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:20 am

Was toying with this, the red screen would be made from semi-transparent colored plexi to represent a force field.

paulson games

Postby Vaaish » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:21 pm

could work well. Personally I think the green has a bit more glowy feel than red.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:06 pm

I like it. Is the idea that it would be used as a barricade/fence? If so you might want to make some angled end/corner pieces to go with it...
mangozac

Postby paulson games » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:00 pm

Main idea is defensive screens, or walls. Although it could easily double for an array of sci fi stuff. Medical screeners or perhaps the security x-ray device from total recall.

I have some checking around to do on getting the plexi pieces made. Shouldn't be a big deal to get them in other colors, once i get the model more finalized I'll need to get some test pieces made and poll people to see what colors look best.

Here's a basic corner piece, the plexi can only be cut with a 90 degree edge so getting a super tight fit between pieces would be really difficult. Additionally with the current set up there will be gaps in the force screen if two lengths are placed together end to end. These won't be meant to be 100% perfect just cheap simple to use terrain. If the inital parts sell then I can look at doing longer sections & more refined corner pieces.

paulson games

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Modelling