[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - TomG's stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

TomG's stuff

Discussion of modelling

Moderator: Wardens

TomG's stuff

Postby TomG » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:10 pm

I did lately commission of Imperial Guard commissar. With some hints from my friend, I decided make him as John Fuklaw from Angry Marines Chapter.

Old WIP photo.
He is a bit bigger than regular guardsman.
I used this model on left.

Link about info of this character.
Only the Best Can Survive.
TomG
User

Re: TomG's stuff

Postby mangozac » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:07 am

Nice work! I thought I recognised the Angry Marine icon on his belt buckle :P
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby TomG » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Here we have something new. After some time break (playing World of Tanks, building Flames of War army) I made this model as commission for my friend. Originally poorly painted looted chimera, so I looted it back to imperial service as Hellhound tank.
TomG
User

Postby Munkey Joe » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:04 pm

Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby TomG » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:40 am

Thanks. These Ork icons are here for purpose, cos it is for army of Armageddon Ork Hunters, savage survivors from jungle specialized in orkhunting.
TomG
User

Postby mangozac » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:15 am

Good work Tom, but I find I have to agree with MJ: the Ork icons throw it off for me. My only other comment is that the fuel lines shouldn't be so "up in the air". In a real application they would have lots of securing saddles to prevent damage to the pipework due to vibration. Using the fuel drums like that was a great idea though ;)
mangozac

Postby TomG » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:16 am

You are right with these fuel lines, but I was glad, that these wires hold on place and friend like it as it is.
TomG
User

Postby Munkey Joe » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:45 am

OH ok Yea I see why they are there....Im still not sure they are"there" though.... I would think if they are using them as trophies they would be in a more prominent place, proudly displayed.

If its a salvage.... Maybe less ork icons and more ramshackle??? not sure.

Of course its not mine and if your happy and want it that way leave it!! I think its still well done and those barrels are a great idea. I do think the hoses could use some "Looming" as Zac pointed out but really I kinda like it as is....
Bartertown Trades:
EBay feedback:
My FAIL Forums:
Munkey Joe
Junkie

Postby TomG » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:00 pm

When you see it painted with rest of his army, you will understand.

Now something I made lately for Flames of War. This one is commission of Pz.IV H tanks for my friend.
Here is converted HQ tank with brass barrel.
Whole platoon.

My own army of KV-1s. Gun barrels will be replaced with some thinner to match 76 mm gun on T-34/76.
Some painted T-34s with magnetic turret and brass barrel.
TomG
User

Postby TomG » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Finished 120 mm mortar battery.
Converted BM-13 Katyusha from Zvezda, original model from Battlefront are ugly.
New cargo platform for Zis-5 truck from Zvezda.
TomG
User

Postby Fleafa » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:01 am

Nice work! Don't see a lot of 15mm conversion work.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby TomG » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:13 am

Here is WIP of gift for my father´s birthday. Battleship Bismarck from Revell 1/350. With wooden deck, new metal armament and photoetched details from Eduard. A bit "funny" plastic kit.
TomG
User

Postby mangozac » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:27 pm

Nice work and very generous of you to put in the amount of work required to build this as a gift for your Dad. I applaud the use of aftermarket metal gun barrels - they look that much better than plastic ones!
mangozac

Postby TomG » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:14 am

I´ve painted lately some Orks. It is speed paint and test for creating of blood and rust.
Then I´m testing pressure casting. Bought new two stage vacuum pump VALUE VE225N.
Free Air Displacement: 2.5CFM@50Hz, 70 L/min@50Hz
Ultimate Vacuum: Partial Pressure 2×10-1 Pa
Total Pressure 15 Microns
I use vacuum for molds and pressure for casting. Here are some test casting.
<removed>
TomG
User

Postby mangozac » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:55 am

Looking good, Tom! I had to remove your picture of the casts, since we can't have shots of recast parts from other manufacturers here.

Your vacuum pump sounds a bit slow. What size chamber are you using it with?
mangozac

Next

Return to Modelling