[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Hobbiton Mill - 10mm scale building
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Hobbiton Mill - 10mm scale building

Discussion of sculpting and scratchbuilding

Moderator: Wardens

Hobbiton Mill - 10mm scale building

Postby Vorennaal » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:43 am

Dear Viewers!

I created my first building in 10mm scale category.

My goal was to recreate the Hobbiton Mill building as it was introduced in the movie, Lord of the Rings – Fellowship of the Ring. Actually I made this miniature for my wargamer friends. This little piece of art has high movie and real location accuracy what brings the gamers/painters so close to Hobbiton/New Zeeland as never before. This beautiful building exiting as a real location but in the same time it has a spectacular fantasy look what brought Hobbiton to life. It took me 1,5 months to finalize the miniature, and another one week to cast it. As far as I know, there is no official Lord of the Rings gaming in this category just in 28 mm, so it isn’t against any official interest. I have heard, there are unofficial 10mm scale LOTR figures available, but never saw one. I am not a gamer, just a builder, but I received an order to build it up for a gamer group, so here I am. There are some resins available for sale, but not much due any further copyright issues. The miniature is impressing and highly accurate. There are some additional parts in the package; two fences (front and back), water runoff tub, two barrels and a big reaction (watermill) wheel. It is my first 10mm scale building, but I do like this scale better than the average 28mm, because the tinier buildings somehow seem…I don’t know…maybe professional, but this is only the question of taste and the question of quality level. One thing is sure, this is my category.

The building itself is very detailed and tiny. There are a lot of parts on, so the painting job will be quiet an adventure. I am not a big painter, more like a sculpture, but I do like the painting jobs, especial on my own creation. I putting here a picture, but you can see more on my page, including the original sculpt and the resin too. If you have an interest, please, take a look!

There are few resins avilable, but I don't share direct ebay links here due possible copyright issues, you can find that on my page:

...if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me!

Vorennaal
Casual

Re: Hobbiton Mill - 10mm scale building

Postby Blindhorizon » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:59 pm

I saw this on taccoms, looks amazing!!!
Blindhorizon
Habit

Re: Hobbiton Mill - 10mm scale building

Postby Vorennaal » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:00 am

Vorennaal
Casual

Return to Sculpting and Scratchbuilding