[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - PROCHIMA SINTAFOAM resin
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

PROCHIMA SINTAFOAM resin

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

PROCHIMA SINTAFOAM resin

Postby Kingster » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Hello there, nice to meet such a great, helpful community over the casting and molding projects!
I am a bit amateur, having experience only by molding small equipment parts with polymorph (instant mold) and green stuff/milliput.

I am willing to try rubber and resin. I am going to start playing with the resin, filling in polymorph 2-part blocks, to check what can be achieved. Not many expectation but those 28 mm models that I want to create will be for home use only. Later I will check rubber etc.

Sooo, my local market can provide me the rather cheap PROCHIMA SINTAFOAM resin

Sorry for couldnt find another (shorter :P ) link, but this is exactly the place I am going to buy it.
Maybe someone has tried it or has any opinion about it. I don't want something tha gonna make extremely precise details and stuff, but something cheeeeeeap and useful.
Cheers!! :)
Kingster
Casual

Re: PROCHIMA SINTAFOAM resin

Postby Fleafa » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:10 pm

Hard to tell without a datasheet, but it looks like a fairly standard polyurethane resin. At that price, I would try it out.

Fleafa
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:27 pm

Note that the description does say "for professional use", which may indicate that vacuum and/or pressure equipment is strictly necessary. Are you able to get a datasheet for it?
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Kingster » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:07 am

I found this page (it's official)

There is a pdf:

And some helpful vids. They dont use pressure equipment there. I hope it won't be necessary XD
Kingster
Casual

Postby mangozac » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:56 am

It's not a very useful datasheet! It doesn't list any cured properties! The one useful bit of info is the 60 second pot life: that is extremely short and I recommend against it. It's likely to begin hardening while you're still pouring into the moulds!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Kingster » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:49 am

Finally I bought the product and it was good especially for its price. Needs some attention with the bubbles (as almost every resin) but it's ok!
Kingster
Casual

Return to Dr Polymer