[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Heat resistant resin for castings
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Heat resistant resin for castings

Questions and discussion of tools, materials and techniques.

Moderator: Wardens

Heat resistant resin for castings

Postby Mr.Nice » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:54 am

Hi guys,
I'm new to the resin world but it looks fun and so I've joined you guys to ask you some questions to better my projects.
Right now I'm casting some doors for customizing my vape gear end I am using the classic E-30 clear resin by prochima since on the web everybody seem to be pleased with their results however I'm having some problems with it. My biggest issue is that it bends even if I let it cure for like 3 days it bends.

Initially I tought it was because of the coloring I was using (mainly nail polish and oil painting in little quantities) But then i tried to make a clear cast and it was smooth as well so I guess that have not that big influence :? now I'm considering as an hypothesis that is just because I do cast which are like 3mm thin could it be the case ? Or is it because it stays near the atomizer of my mod which is hot? Or it might be bothI tell ya guys I've mixed at 60:100 as of instructions even 80:100 ( tought it would become harder :shock: )

Any suggestions ? I saw this resin online https://shop.smooth-on.com/epoxacast-655-ht that is aluminum filled but I didn't have the chance to see any casts made with it so I don't know, also I'm in Italy so I don't know if it's available

Thanks to anyone that would have the patience to help me out

Have a good one
Mr.Nice
Casual

Re: Heat resistant resin for castings

Postby Fleafa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 pm

Talk to the manufacturer/supplier. They will be able to recommend the best & safest product.

Fleafa
Junkie

Return to Dr Polymer