[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Designing ships [possible BFG scale]
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Designing ships [possible BFG scale]

Projects using digital modelling and 3D printing

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Designing ships [possible BFG scale]

Postby Malika » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:24 am

I mainly had it in mind for a possible own game I'd like to create. However, I'm not that naive, meaning that many miniatures are sold to function as stand-ins for that really big company's games. Meaning the models need to be somehow compatible.

's the website of the setting we're working on. But the main discussion on the ships is happening (mostly from page 2-3 onwards).
Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:52 am

By the way, somebody over at the Anargo forums posted this:

Really want to play with that now...
Malika
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:35 pm

Sorry about the delay here is the turret I was thinking about. This allows the turret to fire side to side and above.

let me know what you think.

Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby mangozac » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:59 pm

I like it. The trick though is making the sphere look a little more visually interesting than just a smooth sphere ;)
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Malika » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:39 pm

I noticed that Sketchup isn't the greatest when it comes to round/organic shapes. I've grown to quite like the detailed accents I've added to my ship, I'm thinking of adding similar accents to the spheres, which would give them that edge that would make them visually interesting.
Malika
Junkie

Postby Malika » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:10 pm

I'll hope to have the new turrets and a first version of a drop pod ready later this week.

In the meantime...

Malika
Junkie

Postby Blindhorizon » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:50 am

The pencil feature looks cool, but it's to hazy for me to see your crisp lines. could we get a couple without that feature?
Blindhorizon
Habit

Postby Malika » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:30 am

Your wish is my command:

Malika
Junkie

Postby Islacrusez » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:09 am

Oooh, now this is the good stuff!
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby Malika » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:13 am

Looking at the pics now makes me feel as if they aren't detailed enough. I'm quite fond of the shape of the ship so far, but it would need some extra details, maybe some thrusters or whatever?

Don't really know what to add to it to make it convincing. Any suggestions?
Malika
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:40 am

It's got a real Star Wars feel to it...
mangozac

Postby Malika » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:47 am

Is that good or bad?
- the place to be for all your bits needs!
Malika
Junkie

Postby Islacrusez » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:49 am

Probably good, those things had a budget!
Islacrusez
Habit

Postby mangozac » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:10 am

It's good of course!
mangozac

Postby Blindhorizon » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:56 am

I like it, looks really. I'm old school though, i like bridges >< lol. How else can we fly X-wings into the bridge and have it fall into the deathstar?

Blind-
Blindhorizon
Habit

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Modelling