[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Air Compressor requirements
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Air Compressor requirements

Tutorials and resources. Beginners start in here!

Moderator: Wardens

Air Compressor requirements

Postby WFRPfan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:29 pm

So, I bought the pressure chamber that ResinAddict recommended (the 2.5g one from Finish Systems one) and I need to get an air compressor for it.

What specs would I need?
There was a great used $50 one I was looking at, but it got sold already. There was a really cheap $25 one [ ], but I don't know if it had the power that I need (I'll be using a resin with a 7 min pot life. Degassing it in my vac chamber, then putting it in the pressure pot)
WFRPfan
Casual

Re: Air Compressor requirements

Postby mangozac » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:47 pm

The compressor power isn't all that important - it simply determines how quickly the compressor's tank will fill. I recommend at least 120PSI and a 20L (5 gallon) tank. This ensures that the pressure pot can be filled quickly by the tank (so long as your pipework has no significant restrictions on flow rate).
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Return to Advisory