[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish's Epic Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish's Epic Stuff

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish's Epic Stuff

Postby Vaaish » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:30 am

LOL, if you want to hand me at least $800 I might consider painting a full scale Reaver! Anyway, I'm back with more epic stuff. This time it's a SC tactical formation for the Blood Ravens. Unfortunately, it ended up as the test detachment so there are some rough edges. I guess it was a bit hopeful that I could convert the procedures for the vehicles directly to the infantry. Anyway, the next detachment should end up better than these.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:36 pm

Y'know, they look so good it's really hard to understand what exactly you don't like about them :P

Although I must say I'm not a fan of old school marine missile launchers!
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby Vaaish » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:01 am

ah, it's just little tweaks like the placement of highlights on the tactical, the banners being a little less cohesive that I'd like and mainly that the shoulderpads didn't have the contrast I'd hoped for.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Seb » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:36 pm

Damn Vaaish, that's impressive as ever. You could play Travel-40k with those. ;)

Really have to get into 15mm when I can, try my hand at smaller pieces. (I know these are 6mm, but it's reminded me)
Seb

Postby Vaaish » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:55 am

Well I'm back with what will be the first of quite a few rapid updates if the next week goes as planned. I'd like to finish up 4 dreadnoughts, 8 rhinos, and another 8 stands of infantry if I can before the new year before moving on to some more battletech and 40k.

Anyway, here's the second blood ravens tactical detachment. I am fairly pleased with these outside of my constant problem with contrast. I am how ever about to beat the tar out of something because I can NEVER get my dull varnish to actually, oh, I don't know, BE MATTE. Doesn't matter the temperature, humidity, brand, or time of day the stuff refuses to actually make what I spray it on matte. Makes me want to chuck the can into a bonfire for the heck of it. Anyway, I'm going to give it another go tomorrow and perhaps the fates will align and I'll actually get rid of the glossy finish.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:28 am

Ok, this has been a whirlwind week. I (rather foolishly) decided that I could finish out a ton of epic models in the time I had since I was off work for the holidays. Well, I did get them all done today so I guess that's something :) However, this was by far the most exhausting paint session I've had in a long while painting up something like 700 points of epic IIRC. I'll be taking a break from the Blood Ravens to do a Battletech commission and another small project. I may actually end up working on the 40k dread conversion after those too.... or BFG.

Anyway, happy new year everyone!

The assault and dev detachments.

The rhinos that go with the previous detachments of tacticals and the dev det here.

Random dreads, they seem a bit drunk from partying for new years....

and here's the entire chunk painted up this week.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:58 am

mangozac

Postby geomod » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:22 am

I may be showing my age.........

Drednoughts doing the Macarena just cracks me up.

:lol:
geomod
User

Postby Vaaish » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:32 pm

Can you tell, I'm not really fond of the epic dreadnought sculpt :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm surprised you haven't done your own then!
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:00 am

Ah, it's because I use the old plastic contemptor sculpt for my epic dreads. far nicer :)
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Vaaish » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:45 am

These guys aren't technically epic, but they are part of a new line of Scifi stuff around the right size for epic by Microworld Games. I was asked to paint up one of each type so there's a few more things in the works including a gunship, superheavy tank, and a few support vehicles.I wouldn't call these models for beginners with all the wheels being separate and the models themselves being metal. A base of some kind is probably recommended for added durability.

oh, and I dragged out the hill again for the photos...
Attachments
tefgroup01.jpg
tefscarab.jpg
Scarab APC
tefgrowler.jpg
Growler IFV
tefkomodo.jpg
Kommando Tank
tefland.jpg
Land Transporter
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:14 pm

They're like little micro-machines! You'll have to build some road terrain next :P
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:14 am

This guy didn't REALLY take me a week to do by himself, just less painting time this week. :) Anyway, this is the last of the microworld game TEF models for the time being. It's a pretty funky and cool gunship continuing the camo theme.

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:58 pm

I love these little flyers, the camo colors came out great. Hadn't seen this line before, I think I may have to track some down as I love the design.

awesome work.
paulson games

PreviousNext

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)