[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Vaaish's Epic Stuff
ATTENTION: As of March 2017 the Resin Addict Forums are being wound down.
New members are no longer being accepted. Read more about it here.

Vaaish's Epic Stuff

A gallery for completed projects only. Please share yours.

Moderator: Wardens

Re: Vaaish's Epic Stuff

Postby Vaaish » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:18 am

From what I've been told GW doesn't make it too cost effective to play 40k in AU.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:46 am

Yeah especially now that you can't buy it at discounted international prices online any more.
Oh yeah I can make that....
mangozac
Resin Addict Collaborator

Postby blind pig » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:03 pm

Don't get me started on GW and the embargo!

I've been playing Warhammer and 40K since White Dwarf bought out these trial rules for a table-top skirmish game set in the 41st Millenuim.

Since the embargo, I've stopped playing 40K and have bought nothing GW since. I even cancelled my 20+ year subscription of White Dwarf.

Bastards!
blind pig
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:10 pm

I'm surprised you could handle the shovel feed of GW propaganda that White Dwarf has been for the last 10 years....
mangozac

Postby geomod » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:27 pm

I buy it for the pictures............

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
geomod
User

Postby mangozac » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:37 pm

I buy it for the articles about what selected young risque models are studying and their tales of College slumber parties...

... oops, sorry; wrong magazine :oops:

I think this is the worst thread derailment on RA yet :?
mangozac

Postby blind pig » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:24 pm

To be honest, I too, bought it for the pictures and rarely read more than the rare painting article.
blind pig
Junkie

Postby Seb » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:51 am

When my Tau were featured in WD, part of the 'Gamers Armies' series, the level of readership interaction was on it's last hurrah. I sat down for a beer with Brian Cook, the editor of WDOZ, and a couple of his studio team after arriving to collect the models.

Their tale of woe was something to behold. I genuinely felt, the last of the old guard of WD were being shoved overboard. Within a year Brian lost his job and WD became the glorified flash rag we know today.

I have the same level of disappointment for WD as I do Saturday morning cartoons; presently they're all violent and pander intensely licenced product lines. What happened to the Muppets, Warner Bros, the Swedish Chef, Hanna Barbara, Thunderbirds, the Swedish Chef and many others. My whole sense of fun and observational humour is based off these cleverly written shows.

The generations growing up today are missing out on a lot of core tenets, developing their sense of self and social sense via online Self-PR and low grade media. God are we going to reap the whirlwind when this comes home to roost.
Seb

Postby mangozac » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:08 am

mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:36 am

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby paulson games » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:07 am

paulson games

Postby Vaaish » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:11 pm

So it's been awhile since I've been able to do much painting.

This leaves me with a bit of a quandary since I accomplished far less than I'd anticipated while class has been in session. I'll probably do a quick round of epic for my ongoing blood ravens commission and then I hope I've got enough time to continue the strike cruisers before some commissions I'd postponed until the middle of the summer hits (or Jon wants me to paint something). All in all this is making my goals for the year look far less likely to happen. I guess the last dreadnought will be postponed until next year.

Anyway, the point here wasn't to discuss my woefully poor painting scheldle of the last couple months. I wanted to post what I HAVE done, so here are the photos of the last of the TEF stuff from microworld games:

-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby mangozac » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:35 pm

It sucks to hear about the lack of hobby time, although it does make you sound more mortal than before when you were pumping out amazingly painted pieces at a fast rate :P

That first tank is pretty wild looking. How many pieces do these things come in? Do you know if they're cast from 3D prints?
mangozac

Postby Vaaish » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:23 am

LOL, yes I'm quite mortal. However, my production rate should go back up considerably come this summer. The main reason for the slow rate on the strike cruisers is I'm actually doing a proper blending job on it and building up with very thin layers bordering on glazes. Combined with the reduced time it really took a while, though now that I've got the first layer on it should get faster since I have to cover less of the model.

All of these are cast from 3d prints and, unfortunately, not sculpted with 6mm in mind so much. That leave a good bit of soft details and areas that miscast to fix. That first tank was 12 pieces: Turret body, 2x turret barrels, hull, 2x forward drive units, 6x wheels.
-Vaaish
Vaaish
Junkie

Postby Seb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Impressive results all the same, certainly feel your pain with regard lack of hobby time.

That and I'm developing some terrain envy all over again.
Seb

PreviousNext

Return to Solitary (Vaaish & Others Paint Stuff)